evermore

pairing: sasuke x naruto
type: angst with happy ending
setting: various
era: various

summary: guess i'm feeling unmoored.

xxx

the sky is gray. it's november.

i haven't felt happiness in four months.

it feels like my heart will eternally bleed in this hurt.

motion picture put me in a bad light. on a late cold night, as i rethink my past, my mind highlights all of my mistakes. i can't find where i went wrong because everything appears to be a mistake. pervy sage's death, danzo is hokage, sakura is in love with me and now everyone wants to kill sasuke. my life is a mess.

in the land of iron, i write letters and then toss them into the fire. they're all as useless as the previous and next. for the most part, they were just written to pass the time, since there isn't much to do out here.

"sasuke, if you get this, please come home. we all miss you so much.

- naruto"

a lot of them are unfinished, too.

"sasuke,

i miss you more than anyone else. please come"

the used papers are keeping the fire alive. everytime, i watch it shrivel into a little clump, then turn to an orangey-scarlet color, turning into a pile of forgotten ashes.

xxx

sasuke is on death row. it isn't just a wish, it has been set into place.

snow litters the grass with a frosty, white sheet. it portrays my current emotions perfectly. i watch it fall with a pained expression on my face. i can feel my eyes threatening to leak, and with the freezing weather, my nose is already stuffy. my hands, cheeks and ears are burning, as if they're pressed against dry ice. my cloak is inside, and i am outside, about to catch frostbite.

everything around me sounds fuzzy. my sight is blurry. in my mind, there is only sasuke.

then i remember my conversation with those cloud ninja. i flair my nostrils and clench my fists, digging crescent moon indents into my tanned skin.

"what the hell do you guys want?" i called to them.

"we just overheard the three of you talking about sasuke uchiha. we wanna know about him, and you're gonna tell us," the boy replied. sakura angrily yelled back, "why, what does all of this have to do with you cloud ninja, anyway?"

"a whole lot, 'cause sasuke uchiha of the leaf assaulted the hidden cloud village!" in unison, sakura and i gasped.

it's still hard for me to believe.

ferociously, the girl intervened, "you heard him, your rogue shinobi kidnapped our beloved master! we don't even know if he's dead or alive!" her voice portrayed true pain, fury and desperation. i understand it perfectly.

losing your master is one of the deepest pains to ever experience. no one should be forced through that torture.

sakura looked to the ground and quietly sulked, "that's... a lie! sasuke... why would he ever do something like that?"

that's what i thought, too. the sasuke that we knew would be astounded if he ever heard about this. he never wanted to become a rogue ninja for this purpose.

"how the hell should we know the akatsuki's motives?"

my once bright, baby blue eyes transferred to a more translucent, shady color, as i questioned, "the akatsuki? what are you talking about?"