pov

pairing: sasuke x naruto
type: fluff
setting: konoha
era: about 20 y/o

summary: I'd love to see me from your pov.

a/n: I don't usually ask for this, but I totally recommend listening to the song. not only is it gorgeous but it's the most relatable one I've ever heard

xxx

its like you got superpowers
turn my minutes into hours

when im with naruto, i feel like im floating. its just so strange and fills me with the most ecstacy ive ever felt.

you've got more than 20/20, babe
made of glass the way you see through me

he was the only one to see through my negative mindset and teach me new ways. he ignored my past and helped to me become a better person.

you know me better than I do
can't seem to keep nothing from you

if im sad, naruto will notice. he knows all my weak spots and all of the best ways to cheer me up. when im down, i go to him for a good laugh. hell, if i had to choose to talk to only naruto for the rest of my life or everyone except him, id choose the first option in a heartbeat.

how you touch my soul from the outside
permeate my ego and my pride

naruto touched my heart in a way i didnt know existed. he helped banish my pride for myself and partially changed my view on life as a whole.

i wanna love me

i dont love myself.

the way that you love me

but naruto does, so ive been trying.

ooh, for all of my pretty
and all of my ugly too

he adores me and helps me to do so as well. he likes my edgy and carefree personality that everyone else has to put up with, but also the soft and cuddly side only he gets to see.

i'd love to see me from your point of view

im working on changing myself and seeing a better me.

i wanna trust me
the way you trust me

naruto is probably the only person to still fully trust me. im fine with it, because if its him then im happy.

ooh, 'cause nobody ever
loved me like you do

he just re-entered my life with such good intentions that its unbelievable how passionate he was about saving me.

i'd love to see me from your point of view

i wish i could be passionate about myself, too.

i'm getting used to receiving
still getting good at not leaving

ive never got this sort of love. its weird, because ill wake up and look to my side to see naruto sleeping soundly. plus, my new schedule does not include travelling everyday. i really like that.

i'ma love you even though I'm scared
learning to be grateful for myself

im a little nervous in this relationship. naruto seems so prepared and like he knows the exact things to do and say, but ive never seen these things, let alone experienced the.

you love my lips, 'cause they say the things we've always been afraid of

naruto says my lips are soft and always tell the truth. he adores that about me.

i can feel it starting to subside
learning to believe in what is mine

the difference in my mental state has been astronomical, though. i just feel so happy and at rest. i finally believe in peace.

i wanna love me

my past self still haunts me.

the way that you love me

i admire the new me.

ooh, for all of my pretty
and all of my ugly too

but to naruto, there is no old me. he focuses on the forming of a new me - or digging up the parts of me that i could not understand as a child.

i'd love to see me from your point of view

id love to see myself with a positive mindset and praise myself for my improvement.

i wanna trust me
the way you trust me

the amount of trust he has given me is almost nerve racking. it's almost scary... but i can do it.

ooh, 'cause nobody ever
loved me like you do

the last time i experienced a feeling like love and joy was as a young child. before itachi killed our clan and left the village.

i'd love to see me from your point of view

i am gorgeous inside and out.

i couldn't believe it
see it for myself

when i saw him again, the air left my lungs. he just looked so... beautiful and had changed so much. it was a lot to take in.

know i be impatient
but now, i'm out here falling, falling

at the time i wanted to go home and see everyone again, but my urge to get revenge was too overwhelming. i wanted to be a normal teenager but i just wasn't able to be.

frozen, slowly thawing
got me right

but i finally crossed off everything on my old checklist. ive made a new one.

i won't keep you waiting, waiting
all my baggage fading safely

im not going to pass my frustration onto naruto because he doesn't deserve it all. he deserves nothing, and he needs to see me improve as a person.

and if my eyes deceive me
won't let them stray too far

if we're separated, my mind will split in half once again.

i wanna love me
the way that you love me
ooh, for all of my pretty
and all of my ugly too
i'd love to see me from your point of view

< thank you. 3

i wanna trust me
the way you trust me, baby
'cause nobody ever
loved me like you do
i'd love to see me from your point of view

xxx

this is their theme song and you can't convince me otherwise.

if I had to choose one work for everyone to see, it'd be this one. this is my favorite work that I've ever written.

1011 words