in my head

pairing: one-sided sasusaku
type: angst
setting: multiple
era: multiple

summary: it was all in my head.

xxx

"here's the thing. you're in love with a version of a person that you're created in your head that your are trying to, but cannot fix. uh, the only thing you can fix is yourself."

as a young woman, sakura painted a picture. from the moment she was placed on the same team as sasuke up until he left the village, she thought she knew him well. she developed a habit of seeing what wasn't even there in her mind. caught in the moment, she'd falsely assume and imagine different scenarios.

her imagination was too creative, though. while others saw a demon, she saw an angel from heaven. a wingless angel without a halo.

throughout her teenage years she developed some sanity, but not enough. if she were to fall, she'd envision sasuke catching her instead of naruto. she needed to believe something of the sort to keep herself awake at night. 

when she saw sasuke during the second retrieval mission, she was awestruck at his beauty. she painted a picture from those ten minutes and thought it was sketched well. but here's the thing: in art, you can't prefer your mind over the actual thing. your brain tends to picture things differently than they really are.

after the war and all the horrible things the world went through, she met sasuke once again. he grew, that's for sure, but the bud just never bursted. he still wasn't very nice to sakura and never chose to speak to her. sure, there was a new vibe, but it was just different. she would never admit that it hurt her, though. she'd never let herself know how needy she was.

that's how she's been for as long as anyone else can remember. she's chasing after the knight in shining armor without knowing he already found his prince.

xxx

f in the chat for sakura

332 words