over the castle on the hill

part 2 of tobidei week 2020 <3

type: fluff
setting: unknown
era: shippuden, boruto

summary: there's a small castle on top of the hill.

xxx

"Senpai, look," Tobi nudges his friend, pointing to the sky. "Cool," Deidara mumbles carelessly and continues walking. After a few seconds, Deidara can only hear his own footsteps. "Tobi, what are you doing, hm?"

"I wanna go look at the thing!" He whines, stomping. Deidara rubs his chin with a pout. "No, you dunce. I'm tired," he yawns, walking ahead. "But senpai, look!" Lights flicker on around the small castle, sparking interest inside of Deidara. "Go look at the damn castle, Tobi."

"Yippee!" Tobi exclaims, grabbing Deidara's hand. "Hurry, senpai," he ushers the teenager. "You're the one pulling me, it's up to you to speed up if you want to so badly!"

Deidara almost trips at the intense speed Tobi is running. "Not that fast!"

They trudge up the hill with Tobi's lame jokes and Deidara's disgusted grunts. "Senpai, close your eyes," Tobi whispers, rubbing his palm with his gloved thumb. "What are you up to?" Deidara asks suspiciously. "Nothing, just do it!" The blonde mutters something about Tobi being a man-baby under his breath. "What now?"

"Step carefully," Tobi instructs, pulling Deidara up carefully. "Ouch!" Deidara screams as he trips on a small stick. "Tobi, what the hell are you doing!?" Hoisting Deidara into his arms, Tobi carries him up the remainder of the hill, ignoring Deidara's complaints. "Okay," Tobi says, placing Deidara down, "Open your eyes."

The sight is stunning - too beautiful to put into words. It's a small town, nothing more, but the sky fades from a warm blue to a scarlet orange. A small lake reflects the colors and the town illuminates the lower half of the surface. But what really sparks his attention is the crowd towards the bottom right. There appears to be a small fire, nothing much. There are small children running around with sparklers. "Tobi... what is this?"

Earlier Tobi asked to see one of Deidara's sculptures while they were in a small village. "I wanna give it to the kids," he had said, pointing to some children on the street corner. Surprisingly, Deidara handed Tobi a sculpture, regretting it after, but now he doesn't at all. His art will be shared with the world. Not much, but baby steps are okay.

"Do it," Tobi whispers, giving the children a thumbs up. One of the adults place it in the center and they all stand back. Awestruck, Deidara presses his index and middle finger together, whispering, "Katsu."

The sculpture explodes, turning into the best form of art.

"And that's what started it all," Deidara smiles to the children who are gathered in a small circle. "What happened after, Deidara-sensei?" Sarada asks, looking up at her uncle. "We kissed, hm," he smirks, glancing over to Kakashi and Obito who are discussing the graduating genin.

Deidara glances in the direction of the castle. Who would've known...

xxx

yeah this is a prequel to daylight, idc 🙄

anyway don't you just love when ✨women?✨

518 words