kushina

pairing: n/a
type: angst
setting: n/a
era: n/a

summary: what died didn't stay dead.

xxx

she was one of the most prestigious yet clumsy women to ever exist. for what she was unable to accomplish, her precision filled in and motivated her to get the job done.

kushina uzumaki: the wife of the fourth hokage and mother of the seventh.

people have studied the fourth for years, trying to discover information on him and treasures that may have been left behind. those are the same people that tend to forget the power that his wife held. sometimes, her short temper kicked in if minato was unable to express himself, and her raw intelligence was extraordinary. kushina has never received the credit that she deserves.

and it was only a few months ago that they found some of the easter eggs that she left for the world to discover decades later, but naruto's favorite is by far a letter that she wrote at age eighteen.

it reads:

"right now, the world is in a bad place. our nations have not tied the knot nor made peace with one another. it is unsure if we will accomplish this in the next passing years.

if there were to be one thing i'd like for the authors of this dark time to know, it is to never be so clever that you forget to be kind. they have ruined the lives of many and hope that we are able to resolve these horrible conflicts."

naruto keeps it in his office, in a drawer where he keeps special items. there are numerous other drabbles by kushina in there, each with its own moral.

researchers have also discovered a few numbers of poetry. one lies on the top of the trinkets and tokens in his desk drawer. it's titled, "autumn skies."

"the autumn chill that wakes me up
you loved the amber skies so much
long limbs and frozen swims
you'd always go past where our feet could touch"

it is unknown who it was written about, though many consider minato namikaze to be the subject.

and the pieces sometimes inspire naruto to write short verses. they're never any good, but he attempts it because it reminds him of his mother.

there are some things he regrets, such as not asking her more questions, or asking her how to be. her old grocery store receipts and every scrap are taken by him.

her handwriting is messy, but has a solitary and content feeling to it. her q's hold a small curl on the tip, and the w's tend to have curves over pointed alleyways. it looks scribbled, but once you read it, you find it taking much longer. 

it is known that kushina enjoyed to sing, and she was very good at it. her voice wielded too much power for her own good.

every few years, naruto wakes up after having an epiphany, where he sees a woman in his dreams. her long, red hair is gorgeous, with her green, cat-like eyes holding a sense of domination. she was always singing, but not words, just a note. it was usually in a different location or scenario, but at some point, she always sang. for the first seventeen years of his life, he didn't mind it, because it was beautiful, and he wanted to protect its gorgeousness.

and at nineteen, when the epiphany came, he recognized her as his mother.

kushina once said, "one who has passed doesn't stay dead, as long as you bare their belongings and memories. he who has moved on from us will forever be in here, our hearts. they are alive within our souls."