Chapter 12.2

Author Note:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the Legend of the Firewalker on Wattpad!  Thank you so much for your support and for voting! 

More information is available at www.legendofthefirewalker.com or through Facebook at facebook.com/stevebevilwriting.

————————————-

Chapter 12.2

Later, after his shower, he lay in bed staring at the ceiling. He thought about what Lafonda had said about Leah and her roommate Jamie. It had to be tough dealing with all of that. And to top things off, she was having nightmares and having to defend herself from those monsters, he thought.

He turned over to his side and stared at the clock. It was getting late and he couldn't fall asleep. "I still don't know what those creatures were that I saw attacking her. And they were nowhere to be found during my last dream about Grimm Cemetery," he said.

Nathan shivered. Just the thought of Grimm Cemetery and what might come frightened him. There was a knock on the door, and he jumped and glanced at the clock again. Who in the world could that be? he wondered.

He then heard someone say his name in a low whisper. Nathan shook his head. "Jonas," he said to himself. He shoved his feet into his shoes and opened the door. "Jonas," he snapped, but in a whisper, "do you know what time it is?"

Jonas cast his eyes away from him and hung his head down low. 

Nathan took a deep breath and relaxed his shoulders. "What's wrong? Why are you still up?"

"I can't sleep," said Jonas. "I was going to the bathroom and then I saw that your light was still on, so I figured you couldn't sleep either."

Against his better judgment, Nathan nodded. "Yeah. I'm having a hard time falling asleep too."

Jonas smiled and quickly slid past him, taking a seat on his bed.

"Oh, no you don't," Nathan warned. His eyes were wide. "It's time for you to go to bed, and we're not about to stay up late talking."

Jonas hung his head down low again. He looked disappointed. "But you said you can't sleep either," he protested.

Nathan raised his eyebrows. He had a stern look on his face. "Yeah, but that doesn't mean I am done trying." He pointed towards the door. "Back to bed, Mr. Riley."

"Okay, okay," Jonas said, getting up and heading for the door. But he stopped and stared at the orange-and-black basketball that sat in the back corner of Nathan's desk.

Nathan grinned and shook his head. "Go ahead and take it," he said.

Jonas smiled and bounced the ball.

Nathan cringed. "Don't bounce it," he said. "It's too late for that; you'll wake everyone else up."

"Sorry. I forgot."

Nathan sighed. "Just promise not to do it again."

Jonas had a wide smile on his face. "Oh, okay," he said. "I mean, I promise."

Nathan held the door open and whispered, "Good night, Jonas."

"Night, Nathan," he replied.

* * *

Bam, bam, bam!

Nathan tried to adjust his eyes to the darkness. "What was that?"