Chapter 21.5

Author Note:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the Legend of the Firewalker on Wattpad! Thank you so much for your support and for voting! 

More information is available at www.legendofthefirewalker.com or through Facebook at facebook.com/stevebevilwriting.

————————————-

Chapter 21.5

Nathan turned around to see Malick standing there with both his hands stretched out. He could still feel the heat from the ashes. Lafonda and Nathan both nodded, and Malick hurried them behind the closest mausoleum. 

Nathan glared at him with intense eyes, and Malick responded by raising his eyebrows.

"What?" Malick asked defensively and out of breath.

"You know this means you are a cheater, right?" asked Nathan, glancing down at Malick's hands.

An energy ball slammed above Malick's head causing him to flinch. "Um, can we talk about this later?" he said.

Lafonda inspected the bruise on the side of Nathan's face and the bloody cut near his hairline.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," he said. "I am fine, Lafonda."

"Good," she responded, whacking him on the back of the head.

"Ow!" he yelled.

Lafonda pursed her lips. "If anyone will be doing any talking, it will be you Nathan Urye!" she protested. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

Malick peered out to the plaza and ducked again to avoid another energy ball. "You guys!" he exclaimed. "Now is not the time."

Nathan glanced from behind the mausoleum wall and saw that Jonas had a sword in his hand and was attempting to hold off the two priests. Leah was making her way towards the stairs, and Lauren was in hot pursuit behind her. The remaining Shadow Guards were positioned along the top of the plaza, while Pius continued to throw energy balls from the staircase. 

"The priest with the medallion is the one attacking us," said Nathan. "He's blocking Leah's escape, and Lauren's right behind her."

"He's back up again?" asked Lafonda. "I thought he was knocked out."

"Apparently not," commented Malick, while peering out from behind the wall.

Nathan quickly glanced out from behind the tomb wall again. "We have to do something to help Leah!" he exclaimed.

The three of them suddenly heard barking and looked at each other in bewilderment.

Malick smiled. "I know," he said. "And it sounds like now is our chance."

Malick peered out and then stepped from behind the protection of the wall. Nathan followed behind him apprehensively until he saw the snarling black fox at the base of the stone steps drawing Pius's attention.

"Jonathan," he said with a grin.

Malick didn't hesitate. There were only a few moments before Lauren reached Leah and Pius on the stairs. He formed a blue fireball in the palm of his hand and hurled it straight at Pius. It hit him in the center of his chest and Pius screeched in agony, leaving behind only his gold-and-silver medallion and a pile of charred dust.