Bake Cookies Day

We're just in time for Christmas! We celebrate Bake Cookies day every 18th of December. Cookies are more than just a baked treat, with generations bonding over it. What we love best about cookies is their versatility; crispy or soft and chewy, traditional shapes or special cookie-cutter designs, sugar, spices, dried fruit, chocolate, the list of options goes on. So, get baking and fill your house with the aroma of warm, soft cookies baked to perfection! Your friends and family will surely love them!

From simple sugar ones to triple-chocolate ones, we think cookies are the greatest thing to have come out of an oven since baked bread. Although the exact origin of the day is unknown, every year on Bake Cookies Day, people merrily bake cookies for bake sales, charity drives, and sharing with friends and family.

Cookies have been around in some form or another pretty much forever. The earliest documented cookie goes back to seventh-century Persia. Cookies were introduced to America sometime in the 17th century, but the name 'cookie' was given much later. The original dutch form 'koekje,' meaning 'small cake' was altered to 'cooky' and eventually 'cookie.' Since then, they have taken the world by storm and thanks to the countless flavors, varieties, and styles, have become a beloved treat for every event and occasion year-round.

Two recipes for cookies debuted in the first cookbook written by an American that was published in the United States. 'American Cookery,' authored by Amelia Simmons in 1796, included two recipes; the first titled 'Cookies' and the other 'Christmas Cookie.'

Cookies are one of those few treats you can make where your imagination is the limit. Bakers with a creative streak to break the mold have invented some of the most well-loved cookies we eat today. For example, the chocolate-chip cookie was invented by Sue Brides and Ruth Graves Wakefield in 1938. The duo owned a popular inn in Massachusetts, featuring in-house baking that ultimately led them to try something new.