11.

"There were words waiting for you in my pocket no more than a moment ago. I wrote them last night, rehearsed them until daylight broke and my voice was cracking."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV 

The dangerous music tone was enlightening my ears from the Slytherin common room. I could hear many heels being stepped on and off the floor as the girls were probably jumping around, going crazy with the rhythm. 

I stood a few inches away from the door, doubting my existence here. One ravenclaw in a room of bunch of Slytherins didn't sound the best. Instead, it sounded horrible. 

I knew I had to talk to Draco as soon as possible but there was no way I'd drift him apart from his own houses party and ruin his mood. 

I couldn't do that. 

I turned around and started walking away right when a cold wrist held my left arm and turned me back. 

"Are you lost?" Draco asked not looking into my eyes. 

"Uh- um- I'm actually- uh-" I was the worst at lying and I was sure he could tell by my face. 

"Can't you talk?" 

Well how did he expect me to talk when he had a black shirt that was glued to his chest with his typical black blazer. It looked too seductive. 

"I should- I should go." I removed my arm from his hand and started walking away from the party, the music faded away whenever I took more stops but he stopped me again. 

Draco turned me around and started pulling me into their common room.

"What are you doing?" I asked not trying too hard to get away from his touch.

"You've come all this way- why don't you join the party?" I could internally feel his smirk. 

"I uh- I don't think that's a good idea." 

"Why did you come here anyways?" he asked finally making a stop right in front of the door.

"I needed to talk to you." For the first time, I didn't stutter. 

"Agh. I despise serious talks- but fine. We can talk after the party." he spoke with a sinking tone of voice and opened the door. 

The flashing lights of green and black were happening, the music was louder than I expected. I probably wouldn't even hear my own voice right now. There were so many people dancing around, couple girls dancing on the table, screaming. 

I looked around and observed everyone as my mouth opened at the view. 

"Impressed?" I could hear Draco telling me something but there was no way I could hear it.

"WHAT?" I shouted at him. 

"Well you're not used to this so it might be a bit too chaotic for you." I swear I could see his mouth moving but I just couldn't hear the words. 

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU MALFOY!" I shouted as loud as I could for him to hear me. But it seemed that he had no trouble hearing me.