10.

"My heart must have sunk a thousand times by now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV 

"-in my heart- we are always kissing."

"Katherine- you are too drunk to be taken seriously right now."

"Don't you feel it too Draco?" 

"I don't feel." 

My eyes opened, in a slow motion. Making me return back to my consciousness after fainting the other night. The potion must have affected me. The first thing, or the first person I saw was Luna. She was standing right next to my bed, staring down at me. Her face was filled with both worrisome and not so proud expression.

"Are you fully awake?" she asked peacefully. 

I still didn't have the power to sound out words yet, so instead, I shaked my head. 

"Let me bring you some water." She walked away and the moment she did, I started feeling weak again. 

Me being a vampire, the potions affected me more than it affected a normal wizard. In an unpleasant way. 

I closed my eyes, not having the strength to keep my eyelids open, and I felt someone being in my head. 

Damon Salvatore. 

"How are you?" he asked me. We were right outside the Salvatore mansion, which was where we first met when Elena called me to meet with Stefan. 

"Get out of my head Damon." I spoke, looking around and realizing how much I missed this place. It was my second home until I started getting distant from everyone one by one.

"I have some bad news." 

"What?" I asked turning my attention back to him, "Why do you have to say it while you're in my head, controlling my thoughts? How would I trust you?" 

"It's about Draco."  

"You don't have the right to ask me about Draco, Damon. We are done, remember? You broke up with me for Elena. Or wait- let me guess- she gave up on you because you did one thing wrong while I stood by you for everything you did." 

Right now was my chance to spit out every word I had practiced to say to him, and I was going to take this chance. 

Unexpectedly, he looked down, he broke out eye contact and stared down onto the floor. 

"You know I'm right-" he cut me off,

"-What do you want me say Katherine?! Fine- Fine you are right. You were always by my side. You always calmed me down you always helped me. Yes you damn well did!" 

"Then why Damon? Why did you leave me?" 

His eyes met mine again when he started talking, "Because you were too good for me." 

"Oh shut it Damon. I am done with your lies. I loved you! I loved you through everything and you didn't even care!"