15.

"All we ever had was each other, but that was all we ever needed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV

"Why do they despise you Draco?" I quietly spoke, after crying and letting out my pain for 10 minutes. It strangely felt awesome. 

I was still on my knees while Draco supported my back. My head was on his shoulder and his arms drew a circle around my waist. He grabbed my hands together, in front of me, and started playing with my fingers, massaging them. 

"Why is it so illegal to speak with you?"

"I don't know." Draco coldly spoke. "Trust me, I ask the same question to myself every day."

"I don't want to go to class today." 

Draco started moving, he turned me around by holding my shoulders only to see my red puffed up eyes. He had a worried yet so far away from me look. Hesitantly, his hand went up to my jawline. Rubbing it with his thumb.

Making me feel safe.

"You can stay here." he offered. "I'll cover up for you." 

"Thank you." 

Just as Draco was about to open the door and leave, blood started to appear on my shirt. 

"Agh." It was painful, it felt as if they were sticking a wood inside me, just right next to my heart. "OW!" I held my stomach tightly, trying to understand why this was happening. 

"Katherine?" Draco started rushing next to me, "What's wrong? I thought vampires healed!" 

Stefan. 

I was linked to Stefan.

Something must be going wrong. 

Someone must be either attacking Stefan or he was trying to defend himself. 

"Katherine!" Draco made me stand up, the pain going worse and worse, "What's wrong? Talk to me!" 

"D-Damon." That was the only word I could make out with the unbearable damage on my stomach. I started to worry about Stefan, thinking of what might be wrong. 

"Damon?" Draco curiously asked, slight jealousy on his face. "Why him?" 

I collapsed into his arms, not having the power to stand up on my own. Blood went on Draco's hands. He stared at his own hands covered with red, being frightened. 

"Ok- Ok I'll call Damon." he made me lay down on his bed. "I'll be quick. Wait here." And he apparated away. 

*flashback* 

"Elena!" I called out for her, "Elena! I can't find my ring! Did you take it?" I shouted. 

She came up the stairs, passing Jeremy's room and approaching me. "No- I haven't seen it. Why?" 

"I was sure I put it here. I was so sure but now I can't seem to find it." I said with worrisome. 

"I'll help you look." Then, Elena and I started looking around her room to find my ring.