26.

"We fell, together, from the summits of young love, madly convinced that falling was the first step of flying."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV

The birds singing outside woke me up. I was delicate to sound so it was easy for me to hear them. I tried to move out of the bed but Draco's grip around my waist was too tight. I slowly held up his arm and pulled it away from me.

He was still peacefully sleeping. 

I started walking on my fingertips and wore my clothes. I accidentally dropped the books laying on my desk, making a whole lot of noise, but he didn't wake up.

It was like he didn't get any sleep for days. 

I walked out to go to the library, where I'd meet with Damon, Stefan, and Caroline to plan strategies for the upcoming war.

When I arrived, they were all already in the library. Stefan looked stressed out of his mind while Caroline tried to calm him down. Damon, on the other hand, looked like his mind was totally somewhere else. He was physically here but who knows where he was mentally.

"Good morning," I greeted them.

"Morning." Caroline answered, "What happened with Malfoy yesterday night?" 

Damon's head instantly turned around to face me. Eagerly waiting for me to answer them.

"Uh-" I gulped, "N-nothing important. We uh- we talked it out and- and we are friends now." 

"Friends?" Caroline emphasized, "What an innocent lie." 

"Right now isn't the time to worry about- love," I spoke as I noticed Damon turning his head away again. 

"True-" Stefan agreed, "We have a war to worry about. A war."

"Yea- yea we should start preparing plans," I said. 

"We need Elena," Stefan continued speaking, "We need to get to her."

"We also need to figure out there- powerhouse." Caroline engaged in the conversation, "They are not powerful than us. Not stronger. So there should be a reason behind their confidence-"

I cut her off, "If we find that reason, we can prevent it from happening!" My voice was filled with hope for the first time.

"Good work!" Stefan spoke, "Let's put Elena in our top priority. She is the doppelganger they need. We need her back."

"How?" Caroline asked.

"Let's ask Damon," I offered, "He is oddly quiet."

"Thinking." Damon dryly replied.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him.

"How to get Elena back," he stood up from his seat and walked next to me, "We should visit Malfoy Manor. They probably have her there. In the end, the Malfoy's are very manipulative. Aren't they, Katherine?" 

He stared into me. Starting with my eyes and going down to my heart. Stabbing it with a knife. 

He indirectly insulted me.