24.

"One hello can take away the pain of a thousand goodbyes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco's POV

I went back to the manor to check on my mother. 

My nose was itchy, due to sneezing a lot after crying. My eyes felt numb as I opened the door. I closed it back and walked to the kitchen. Assuming that's where my mom would be.

But she wasn't there.  

I heard different voices from the living room. Screaming and shouting. My eyes grew wider. 

What if it was Katherine?

What if she died?

What would I do if she did die?

With my full speed, I ran to the living room. I opened and saw two girls standing next to each other. They were shaking. They were frightened. Agitated.

One part of me was relieved to not see Katherine while the other part of me was feeling bad for the girls.

"Draco-" The Dark Lord noticed me entering, "We have the doppelganger," he said in triumph.

I stared right into her soul. Elena. She didn't look like a bad person either. All of us, death eaters, thought vampires were a devil. But Katherine made me believe the opposite. 

"W-who is s-she?" I asked, pointing to the girl next to Elena.

"Our powerful witch," Voldemort walked closer to me, drew a ling with his nails behind my back, "Bonnie Bennett." 

I backed away from his touch and continued staring at the girls. 

"Where is my mom?" I questioned.

"About her-" The Dark Lord started walking next to Bonnie, "I have her."

My inner organs started switching places. My feet felt glued to the ground. What would Voldemort do to my mother? He was merciless. He didn't care, feel. He could do horrible things towards her.

"Bring her to me," I demanded, a smirk grew on his lips and I continued talking, "Right now! Bring her to me!" 

"Not too quick now, Draco, I have her as a hostage. If you fail to finish your tasks, I will fail to keep her-" he took a pause, "Alive." 

I couldn't bear my mother's death. Just thinking about it makes me want to kill myself. I promised her to always be with her, to always protect her. 

"What's my task?" I instantly replied.

"The war will start soon. Maybe in the next couple of days. You will be on our side, killing every vampire with us. If you go against it, you will never get your mother back."

I could feel Voldemort getting suspicious about me. 

It was like the world was revolving around two opposite planets and I was stuck in between. Not knowing where to go, how to act. 

One side had my mother, the other side had Katherine. 

I rushed up to my bedroom. Opened the bathroom door and stared at my reflection. The watery stuff came out of my eyes again. 

But- But it meant that I still felt feelings? So it was a good sign? Crying was good? I wasn't numb, at least. 

I took off my shirt in one action and washed my face. Splashed water into it. Mixing my tears with the water.