Misunderstanding

It has been a 5 smooth sailing month. Their relationship grows fonder. Tristan thought of officially introducing Alex to his family and friends. They will be spending the holidays together.

“Babe, block your entire schedule on the 24th til 26th, ha?” sabi ng binata

“Babe Christmas yun, wala din pasok sa resto so sa bahay lang kami. Pupunta ka ba?” sabi ni Alex

“Nothing, I’m planning to introduce you to my family, to mom and Sophie. They are hearing a lot of things about you, yet you haven’t met them personally.”

“Babe, you think they’ll like me? Masyado mo ako binibigla sa mga plano mo e.”

“Of course babe, who wouldn’t like you? You are the best girlfriend, bestfriend, employee and colleague.”

“Nasasabi mo yan kasi gf mo ako, babe. Wala ako masyadong experience having a mother. That’s why I don’t have any idea of how it feels. Ano pwedeng maging reaction ng mother mo”

“Babe relax, tao din sila. And I promise I will never leave you. And I invited also Azil, Migs, Yeng and Shin to join us. Para hindi ka mailang.”

“Talaga babe?”

“Nga pala babe, I have something for you.” Pinakita ang isang envelope. She opens it. And to her surprise saw a ticket for 2 in Boracay. They will be spending the New Year at Boracay.

“Babe, hindi mo kailangan gawin ito. You have to spend it with your family.” Sabi ni Alex

“I want to spend it with you, please babe? sayang naman ito. Sige irerefund ko na lang.” nakasimangot si Tristan. At nagpout pa ng lips. Sino ba naman ang makakatanggi sa tinuran ng binata.

“Ok, ok. Sige talo na ako. We’re going to spend the New Year at Boracay. Happy?”

“Very much. Thank you. I love you”

“I love you too”

It’s Christmas Day. She’s busy looking on what to wear for the dinner. He is busy checking on the things needed for the dinner.

“Trist?” her mom call him

“O, hi mom. Where’s Sophie?”

“Nasa taas lang siya. Busyng – busy. May maitutulong ba ako?”

“Nothing mom. I just want you to relax so that ok ka later. I hope you’ll like her. Masyado siyang kinakabahan para mamaya e.”

“Just tell her relax. Hindi naman ako masungit mataray. I just want someone who will take care of my boys, love them. And I think she’s doing that to you”

“Of course mom. And I love her so much. Wait mom, I’ll just check on the food. I love you mom.” He kissed her mom on her forehead.

His mom phone rings.

Ring

Ring

Ring

“Hello?”

“Hi Tita, it’s me Kris. How are you?

“Hi Kris, we are fine. How about you? By the way, Merry Christmas.”

“I’m fine tita. Its good to hear that you’re ok. Nandito ako sa Manila tita. Kadarating ko lang.”

“Really? If you like you can join us for dinner tonight. Tutal Christmas naman.”

“If you would insist, tita. Then I’ll go. Ok lang ba kay Tristan?”

“Well siya yung nagayos ng dinner na ito. I meet namang yung gf nya. And it’s ok lang kasi bisita kita”