The Past

For her, it is a perfect relationship she ever had. For him, forever starts being with her. They started the holiday with a misunderstanding but ended it by starting their forever, together. Mommy Vangie and Alex started to plan his surprise birthday party that will happen on March 7. She will be assigned on the menus and mommy will be on the invited guests.

Ring

Ring

Ring

She answered the call “Hi Tita. How are you?”

“Hi Lex. Well I’m done on the guest lists. And everybody’s coming on his birthday. Especially his long lost best friend, Adrienne. I found him with the help of one of his friend in New York. Regarding on the venue, I already confirmed it on the day itself, so how about you?”

“Talaga tita, that’s good news. Wala naman pong problema regarding menu. And ung mga activities for the party ready na din po pati setups. Don’t worry about it.”

“I know magiging masaya ang birthday ng anak ko. Since naging kayo 8months ago, I never saw him this happy being with you. If you need anything just text or call me ha, Si Tristan? Naglunch na ba kayo, you want me to bring some food dyan?”

“Well tita, we’re both happy with each other. I can say that we are perfect. No Tita, we’re ok. Naglunch na kami. Thank you for the concern tita.” Tristan is approaching and she ended the call immediately. “Bye Tita, he’s here na.”

“Ok, iha. Thanks. I miss you, iha”

“Who’s that, babe?” he asked

“Babe, si tita. She’s asking kung naglunch na tayo. Sabi ko tapos na, papadala sana sya ng food”

“Ah ok, bakit di ako kinausap? Is there a problem?”

“Babe naman, di ka lang kinausap ni Tita may problema na. Di ba pwedeng, girl thing?”

He hugged her from her waist “Ikaw babe ha, dinaig mo pa ako kay mommy. Mamaya ikaw na anak nun, hindi na ako. But I’m happy. Wala tayong problema sa family ko”

She faced him, cupped his face with her hands “Pati mom mo pagseselosan mo? Babe naman.”

“Babe, hindi ah. I’m just happy sa atin. Wait babe, next week ba you’re busy?” he asked her

“What day next week babe?” she ask

“March 7, babe? Maybe you can join us, I mom and Sophie we’re having a dinner”

“Babe, I don’t think I can make it. Shin and Yeng will be going with me. Reunion party ng batch namin before sa college”pagsisinungaling niya

“Ganun ba babe? Sige ok lang babe. Some other time na lang.” malungkot niyang sabi.

“Ano bang meron?” tanong ni Alex

“Wala babe. Dinner lang with them. Matagal na din kasi tayo di nakakasama sa dinner.”

“Siguro babe next time bawi tayo. Tawagan ko na lang si tita sabihin ko na lang ha.” She holds his hand. “Balik na ako babe sa labas.” While she pouted her lips.

“Ano yan? Gusto mo ng kiss?” He asks. He pulled her against him. He gave her a peck and left her coldly.

She laughed quietly. He doesn’t know they have surprise party for him on his birthday.

---

It is his day. But she is not with him. Nakalimutan ng mga staff niya and birthday niya, ng family niya, most especially ng girlfriend niya. what a day, he decided to went home early. Wala naman siyang gagawin pupuntahan or makakausap. Life’s unfair that day for him. Until he went inside their house