𝐌𝐎𝐌

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

Jungkook sighed for the uncountable-th time that day. He was way beyond frustrated with all the tedious paperwork splattered all across his office, making a solid mess.

Since morning, his day hasn't been any easier as he woke up to a note from Y/N, reading an apology for leaving extremely early in the morning--dawn, to be precise enough.

Unwillingly, Jungkook had to prepare an edible breakfast for himself, which was, well, almost on the verge of falling into the category of non-edible items, but he managed it. Somehow.

Weirdly enough, the young man was gradually getting habitual to his wife's cooking and he felt absolutely no shame in accepting the fact he missed her in the morning.

Being the reluctant self he was, it would just be for the appealing food she cooked, but no one could deny that to him, it was something more than just that.

For the first time since the risen sun, a smile, yet a small one, had its mark on Jungkook's lips as he leaned back in his leathered swivel chair while running his palm through those soft locks above.

"Why do I seem to miss you, Jeon Y/N...?"

He whispered underneath his breath, not wanting to make it obvious to his colleague who was scrolling through various scam possibilities to look out for, with his broad back facing Jungkook's tired face.

"How long will you be looking into those, Mingyu?"

Mingyu, who seemed quite unbothered about what his boss was going through, turned around with an irritated look glowing on his sharp features.

"Can you imagine this, Jeon! These fucking scams can be so honey dripping, seriously!"

The younger exclaimed, huffing out loud in annoyance as several flashes from the 'too-good-to-be-true' meeting earlier struck his head.

"I'm telling you, Mr. Jeon. That Min Corp is just too pleasant to be true. I mean, how can someone just allow us to become an important part of their safe authority?"

Jungkook chuckled, appreciating Mingyu's diligence towards his work and the company. He got up from his seat, walking towards him.

"I know, Gyu. It's not like I gave in, right? There's a reason behind the leash time I demanded",

he explained while Mingyu looked down, a little embarrassed about the sudden outburst he just had.

"Stop. No need to be embarrassed. I completely understand your possessiveness towards this company and it's absolutely normal to feel that way",

Jeon elaborated in a rather 'not-so-bossy' tone, hoping the younger employee would try and cool himself down for a bit.

"I felt the same way when Mr. Lee honored me with this huge responsibility. But it's all about the time you spend here and the experience you gain from working on the field",