feelings

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

Jungkook should've known that letting Y/n visit her stepmother all by herself, late at night, wasn't a very good idea.

Given that the middle-aged lady didn't really treat her stepdaughter in the best way, Jungkook was beginning to get worried sick.

It was getting very hard for the male to calm himself down as he was pacing across the living room, getting notoriously impatient as flashes from their last meeting never left his mind.

"God, fuck! I should probably go there too." He cursed under his breath while he picked up his phone and dialed Y/n's digits for the sixth time that evening.

Her not answering the phone was indeed a huge trigger for Jungkook's neurons to go all ballistic.

He waited for her to answer when the same recorded voicemail greeted him. It could be weird to say but during that time, Y/n's recorded voice sounded very unpleasant to Jungkook.

"That's it--", the man hissed and threw his phone in the pocket of his jumper. He sprinted towards the key holder and grabbed the keys to his car before jogging towards the main door.

Just as he was about to open it, his eyes caught the knob twisting as it opened to Y/n's exhausted figure.

He moved back a little and let her fully enter the house. It was a huge relief to him as he felt his chest heaving up and down at a considerably fast pace.

"W-where were you, Y/n?" Observing her state, he asked in a voice that sounded pretty framed, as if he could hide the fact that he was worried to his guts a few moments ago.

Y/n glanced at him and threw a careless smile. Jungkook could see an unwilling fabrication. "I told you. Mother had called me to discuss something important." She spoke lowly.

"No, I know that but it is almost 1 AM in the morning and y-you--", Jungkook shut his eyes for a second, feeling his heartbeat fasten for an inexplainable reason once again. He took a quick breather before locking eyes with Y/n.

"Y-you weren't answering any if my calls and-- and I had all sorts of wild scenarios running in front my head." He rambled, feeling rattled from the experience.

It was the very first time the male was feeling such fear and concern for someone after his late mother, Hence, he was pretty shaken.

Jungkook looked very vulnerable to Y/n. She decided to trash her emotions and worries for the time being and pulled Jungkook in a comforting embrace.

"I'm sorry. My phone died", she whispered against his chest, sensing the muscles in his body loosen up a little.

"Don't ever do that again, Y/n. Y-you don't even know how worried I w-was." Gently bringing his hand against her head, he whispered while stroking her hair lovingly.