𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

He could feel his heart banging against his chest as he rushed towards the reception.

"Excuse me, where can I find doctor Jeon Y--"

He couldn't complete himself as a familiar voice called out for him.

"Jungkook...", the man turned the voice, only to find Y/n's step mother looking at him with a worn out face.

Jungkook looked back at the confused receptionist before bowing down slightly and rushing off towards Mrs. Hwang.

"W-Where is Y/n?"

Upon seeing his mother-in-law quietly sobbing, Jungkook realised his manners.

He quickly bowed down to her in respect and greeted her with a soft 'hello'.

Honestly, he, himself was surprised at how the first thing he did was ask for Y/n.

I mean, after hearing her sunken voice over the phone, he couldn't think straight.

All he could do was hurry as fast as he possibly could and see her. He wanted to keep her strong.

"H-How is dad...?" Supporting Y/n's second mother by the shoulders, he asked as they sat on the metallic seats nearby.

Mrs. Hwang shook her head as Jungkook felt her shoulders rise and sink beneath his gentle grip.

"We don't know yet. Y/n is inside the o-operation theatre right now."

She spoke. Her voice was definitely shivering from all the crying and stress.

What surprised Jungkook was that Y/n was handling her father's case at such a sensitive moment.

He couldn't believe in what her heard.

"Y/n is operating dad right now?!" Jungkook exclaimed, feeling dead worried for his wife.

Probably not physically, but mentally, Y/n was exhausted. She was terrified as her dad was now her responsibility.

If she succeeds, her father lives. If she fails, she loses her father.

Jungkook was scared. Immensely scared.

"Y/n?! How's Sejin, huh?!"

Mrs. Hwang's concerned voice called out, snapping Jungkook out of his daze.

He lifted his head as his eyes landed on his wife's figure and JESUS CHRIST!

He felt his body weakening at the sight. His knees felt hollow. It was as if he couldn't breathe for a second.

With her baby blue operation gown loosely draped over her body, her hands were covered in blood.

Y/n's younger sister gasped at the sight as she hid behind her mother, uselessly fearing her step sister.

Y/n's hair, messy. Her cheeks had visible tears stains as she dragged her tired body towards her mother.

Never in his life had Jungkook faced such a situation. All he could see was Y/n.

His wife. His Y/n.

She was...so damn strong for this.

"Y-Y/n...how's dad?! Why are you so quiet?"

Mrs. Hwang interrogated in a louder tone, feeling her heart slowly sink at the sense of knowing that she had.

Even if she was trying to avoid the outcome, there was something within her, screaming that her husband was probably no more.

Jungkook gulped harshly, subduing the urge to just envelope Y/n into his arms, not letting her go at any freaking cost.

Mrs. Hwamg was getting genuinely annoyed as her daughter wasn't doing anything except for staring at her with tears streaming down her unblinking eyes.

She walked closer and grabbed Y/n's shoulders harshly.

"YOU COULDN'T SAVE HIM, RIGHT? HE'S NO MORE, RIGHT?!"

She yelled in her daughter's face, letting all her frustration out on Y/n.

Y/n didn't even flinch one bit. She was expecting this. Hell, even worse. She couldn't save her father.

She couldn't save the only person she could blindly trust.

She couldn't save her very last day of hope. Her super hero.

Unconsciously, Y/n's eyes moved onto Jungkook's disturbed figure and that broke the very last strand.

Without thinking about anything else, she broke down. She broke down into loud cries and helpless tears, falling onto the cold, tiled floor.

"I TRIED! I DID EVERYTHING I COULD!" Severely depressed, the young woman screamed in agony.

She wanted to explain herself but at the same time, she couldn't. Thinking she deserved all the hate, all the taunts, all the sorrow, she didn't say anything further.

Jungkook didn't even waste a single second and rushed to Y/n, crouching down to hold her tight against his chest.

"Y/n, you don't have to put it all upon yourself. It wasn't your fault, sweetie...", Jungkook whispered, trying to calm her down.

He wouldn't say he understood the pain of losing someone so close but he was trying his level best.

In all honesty, the way Mrs. Hwang treated Y/n angered him a little. He couldn't bare seeing his wife being treated like that, especially when she was not at fault.

Out of respect, he didn't say anything. He couldn't.

"IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT, JUNGKOOK!"

Her screams broke his heart. What hurt him even more were Y/n's mother's eyes staring down at her with pure hatred.

Almost as if her eyes could narrate her feelings, the older woman stood there, sobbing in anger.

"You're right. There's nothing you can do, Y/n. Sejin was coming to see you!" She yelled.

Facts. Y/n thought.

Her mother was right.

It was all because of her. She wouldn't be able to see her dad anymore.

His wide smile, his corny yet somehow funny jokes. Those burnt sausages he cooked were the world's best comfort food for Y/n.

That jolly nature of his. His hearty laughter. His heartfelt kisses. His genuine benediction every single time he saw Y/n.

Everything. She lost it all.

Forever.

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸