𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

Y/n

I remember drifting off to sleep during the ride back home. Jungkook must've carried me back to the room.

'What a pain you are, Y/n'

Releasing a big yawn, I peeled the soft pink duvet off my body and got out of bed. Jungkook usually leaves for work by that time. I realized as the grey wall clock in front of me read 9:35 am.

"I should probably go check", muttering under my breath, I tied my messy hair in a presentable ponytail before opening the door and walking down the stairs. I practically felt my face light up just as the sweet fragrance of something warm and comforting being cooked greeted my nostrils.

My stomach was already greedy for food since I had woken up and the beautiful fragrance from the kitchen just ignited it even more. I guess Jungkook was still home.

I rushed downstairs only to find Jungkook's wide back flexing occasionally as he sauteed something on the pan. No doubt, I found the scene pretty attractive. I mean, I knew Jungkook could cook just enough for survival but actually watching him try his best in the kitchen made me smile widely.

"Good morning", walking towards the seats behind the marble counter, I greeted him with my groggy morning voice.

"Oh! Good morning, Y/n~", a bit surprised, he turned around to greet me with a big smile on his face. His voice was rather deep so I guess it hadn't been long since he woke up too...?

I don't know why but seeing his face reminded me of something I had been avoiding. All those memories came flooding right back in my head, making me go weak in my knees. It almost felt as if the nightmare I thought I had, punched me back in the face right when I woke up.

'Dad'

Jungkook had seemed to notice my dismay because I felt his warm palm glide over my back, gently stroking it. Oddly, I felt my nerves calm down under his touch.

"All of that was real, right?" I asked like a five-year-old desperately wanting to be proven wrong.

Jungkook's soft eyes gazed down at me as he slowly nodded his head, a bit reluctant to let me know. "Y/n, I'm extremely sorry for this but I don't want to see you like this, please", he pleaded as I looked at him.

Although I was broken from within, I figured I probably had to agree with Jungkook as he didn't have anyone except me. Everything was already falling down to negativity in my life and if I were to give in to that as well, Jungkook would be left all alone.