𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐓𝐇

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

The dinner with Mirae was pretty awkward. To say the least, Y/n and Jungkook just couldn't wait for her to leave so they could finally be in peace.

Mirae was pretty vicious; Y/n concluded. The vendetta she possessed was quite dangerous.

At times, she would throw random glares at Y/n while eating and there were times when Y/n caught her shamelessly staring at Jungkook for no given reason.

All in all, it was pretty clear that Mirae definitely had a thing or two for Jungkook and she absolutely abhorred Y/n for obvious reasons.

Mirae waved a flirtatious farewell to Jungkook and Y/n could've sworn she saw her sneak in a quick wink before she turned around and walked away.

Y/n had suggested Jungkook drive Mirae home but first off, he didn't want to. Secondly and luckily, she had someone picking her up at the last minute.

Watching Mirae be driven away, Jungkook heaved an audible sigh. He was genuinely relieved to have her gone.

Y/n giggled to herself and placed her palm against his biceps, signaling him to walk back inside.

"Oh god! I'm so happy it's over!" He exclaimed while plopping his exhausted body on the couch. Y/n closely mirrored his actions.

"You know her since uni. Was it still this bad?" She asked, scooting closer to him.

"You don't even know, Y/n. We were in a friend group with four others and she was the least existent for me." He cleared and threw his head back in frustration.

All this time, Y/n was listening to his stories from the days when he used to be a student, which made her want to get to know him more.

She desired to be aware of each and everything that was related to him in any way. The kind of student he was, his mischief, his favourite teacher, his first love, his parents, his family.

His family.

Although Y/n never really paid attention to it, the fact that she didn't know much about his family stood somewhere in her subconscious; unattended.

"Hey. You okay?" Jungkook's soft touch pulled her out of her daze as she looked at him with big eyes, trying to remember what he had said.

"Hm? Sorry, I didn't catch you there", Jungkook stared at his wife for a couple of seconds before breaking into a small smile.

He knew she was hiding something but he didn't want to force her into telling him anything.

Especially after when Y/n had already shared such a vital piece of her life, her mother's demise with him. Somehow, he felt guilty for always being on the receiving end.

To Jungkook, he didn't have much to offer other than his heart and sheer loyalty. The man was more than ready to do that.

"Can we have dinner again? This time, only the two of us?" He whispered against Y/n's cheek, feeling her body stiffen.

"Hm?" She tried to move back and have a look at his face but the way he swiftly secured her position with his bust arms had her locked.

Jungkook smiled sweetly and slowly leaned in for a hug. Instead, he ended up letting his body fall into Y/n's arms, instantly relaxing to her touch.

"I'm sorry for bringing her like that. I really wanted to spend the night with you, Y/n." She felt his warm voice slowly whistling against her ear and he whispered with his voice octaves deeper.

Jungkook snuggled closer to her. To Y/n, it was something unusual. Not that she was complaining but Jungkook was rather the timid type and was never really upfront about his feelings but tonight, he was painted with a different shade.

"Are you o-okay, Jungkook? You sound a little shaken", out of genuine worry, Y/n asked as she was found running her hand through his soft locks.

She felt Jungkook take in a deep breath before he slowly pulled away; his eyes never leaving hers.

"I'm okay. I just had a few flashbacks, that's it", Y/n saw his lips break into a small smile that definitely didn't reach his eyes as he briefed blandly.

There was something about Mirae and maybe the past she must've shared with Jungkook that had completely thrown him off and Y/n was indeed, very well aware of that.

Sighing, she gently grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. She smiled and pulled his face into her neck, giving him space to adjust and relax his body, which he did almost immediately.

Although Jungkook was a bit startled at first, he didn't waste a second and wrapped his arms around the lady's waist, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

Jungkook loved it. Absolutely loved it.

"Take your time. I'll be here listening to you whenever you are ready." Y/n whispered against his hair while she felt him melting into her embrace.

Jungkook didn't respond to her but to him, it seemed like all his worries were slowly turning to none. Y/n felt like someone he desperately needed and wanted in his life.

That night, Jeon didn't fail to realize that Y/n was the only medicine, the only cure to the wounds his heart held.

She felt like a drug he was addicted to.

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

A/n;

A short one. There's gonna be a big plot twist ahead so this was more like a filler building onto their blooming love and desperation for one another.

Love, author xoxo