𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

*ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ'ꜱ ᴘ.ᴏ.ᴠ*

"No, Y/N. Let me be the one cooking tonight."  

I firmly stated my will as her plum lips quickly formed an ugly grimace. My hands were already damp after washing the dishes, so I slowly slid them across the pastel yellow apron tied loosely around my waist, scrunching it a little. 

"Jungkook, please!"  Her soft whines were making me soft edged all of a sudden. Never had I pictured myself behaving soft for a woman before. 

But Y/N was making it come true that chilly night. 

"But why do you wish to work in the kitchen when you can just relax upstairs?"  

She scoffed in disbelief, leaning away from me as her adorable almond-shaped eyes narrowed at me. 

"You think I'll use you, Jungkook? Am I that selfish in your eyes?"  

I felt an unexpected guilt take birth within my chest, making me look away from her figure. 

Some sort of discomfort laced in her voice which I returned with a quick apology. 

"O-Okay, but feel free to leave whenever you feel uncomfortable or tired."  

At last, we ended up working together just like an actual couple would. Not gonna lie, but I was quite pleased by the fact that she wasn't feeling uncomfortable with me at any point in time. 

Just like other cold-hearted beings out there, I wouldn't say that her presence had no effect over me. Instead, it made my heart at ease; something I've never felt before. 

We kept talking about random incidents that took place in our lives before we met each other and to be very honest, It was the prettiest time I had ever spent with someone other than my own self. 

||+++||

"I won't be able to come back home  tonight. Please don't wait for me."  

Seeing  her struggle with her shoes made me chuckle discreetly before I got up from the couch, trailing towards her. 

"May I ask why?"  She looked up at me; her rosy lips forming into a frustratingly adorable pout, showing her perplexity. 

"I have a night shift today. I'll be back in the morning, though", she informed. 

*ʏ/ɴ'ꜱ ᴘ.ᴏ.ᴠ*

"I'll pick you up, Y/N."  

Although I was silently appreciating his concern, my work was much more important at that point.