𝐊𝐎𝐎

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

◂ ► Ⅱ ▸▸

Y/N

There wasn't a word that could describe the nerves that were kicking in. I couldn't think straight at all. All I could see was the house that treasured all my childhood memories.

Although I was married now, returning to see our home once again, made me feel emotionally nostalgic.

I looked at Jungkook who was now standing right next to me after taking out the little bouquet he brought for the sake of its purpose.

"It will be fine, Y/n. I promise", he reassured and somehow, I was reassured.

Nodding my head, I sighed as we began walking through the little garden I and dad once created. Walking through the garden almost felt like I was reliving those beautiful memories of him humming a soft melody while we watered the flowers together.

He would abruptly pick me up and spin me around on the slightly damp grass as I laughed and begged him to put me down because of how it tickled.

We would call it an 'airplane ride'. It was exclusively ours.

I couldn't help but let out a small giggle, catching Jungkook's attention.

He looked at me with dismay as I shook my head, suggesting to not worry about it.

"Here we go", I mumbled slowly before knocking on the wooden door.

A small smile crept up my lips when I felt Jungkook's warm fingers intertwine with mine, attempting to calm my racing heartbeat by a bit.

By the sound of it, I could sense that there were already many people in there.

No surprise, my stepmother was always fond of huge, expensive gatherings where she would get to be under the spotlight all throughout.

Sighing for the, I don't even know what many times, I closed my eyes, feeling Jungkook's thumb draw soothing circles on the white of my palm.

Just then, the door opened as the loud chatter blasted in my face. It was as if the door was keeping the volume stagnant and bearable.

I opened my eyes in a flash, only to see my step-sister standing in front of us with a rather uninterested face.

As an act of courtesy, I greeted her with a small smile, which she returned quickly and with a much more fake underline to it.

Her eyes averted to Jungkook who was just awkwardly standing there, probably bearing the tension between us.

Seri's expression took a big leap as she smiled at Jungkook, greeting him sweetly. I could see she wasn't in it for me but for my husband.

"Hello, Jungkook! Come on in. We were waiting for you....",

her eyes scanned me up and down before she awkwardly continued.