"Parasite Eve"

As I made my way to find the boys, I made sure not to touch anything with my burnt hand. Tears continued to fall from my eyes. My mom is probably scared of me. I kept walking until I made it to the cave. Finally, I found them. They turned to me, Paul looking at my hand. His hand was hurting too.
"What happened!?" Paul asked running up to me. I burst into tears. He pulled me into a hug.
"Dwayne, hand me that bottle." Paul said, pointing to a small table. I sat down and he examined my hand. Marko sat next to me, laying his head on my shoulder. David handed me the wine bottle of "wine" and I took a sip.

Paul fixed up my hand then sat beside me.
"What happened, Erica?" Marko asked.
"My mom wanted to talk to me outside. The sun was still up. She pulled me out. My hand got burned and now she's scared of me." I explained, holding back tears again. Paul pulled me into his lap and kissed my forehead.
"Your mom will understand. She loves us to death already. Knowing her, she would never turn against you." David said.
"I hope so. Can I stay here tonight?" I asked.
"Of course." Marko squeezed my shoulder. We talked amongst each other for a while until we decided to get some food. We got on our bikes and headed out.

We got to an ally way. There were a few people around my age smoking and laughing together. When they weren't looking, we dug in.

---

When we finished we decided we wanted to walk around for a while. I loved the boardwalk, so that's where we headed first. We ran around, played games and stole some kids cotton candy, when all of a sudden I hear my mom calling my name. I whip around to see her walking towards me.
"Erica, what happened earlier?" She asked me, not even acknowledging the boys.
"I don't wanna talk about it, mom." I said meaner that I intended.
"Young lady- is that blood on your shirt!?" She asked, then looked at the boys who still had small traces of blood on them.
"What have you guys been doing!?" She grabbed me and checked for wounds, not finding anything except for my hand that was still a little burnt.
"Erica," she said harshly, "what have you been doing?" I looked at the boys. They didn't know what to say.
"Mom, let's go home. Then I'll tell you." I looked down. She looked real angry.
"I'll see you boys later." I smiled softly.
"Wait," Paul turned me to look at him, "can I come with you? Just in case?" He asked.
"Okay." He held my hand and we followed my very angry mother.

---

We walked through the door and she immediately started going off.
"What have you and those boys been doing!? Paul, if you are putting my daughter in danger you are not allowed to see her again!" She yelled.
"Mom, he's not doing anything to me. I swear." I squeezed his hand.
"Well what's the blood about!?" She slammed her hand on the counter.
"Let me get something. It will explain everything." I said. I went to grab the picture. When I came back, mom was taking her anxiety medication (lmao). I handed her the picture.
"Is this the one I took last night?" She asked.
"Yep."
"Wha- where is everyone?" I didn't answer. Then, she lowered the picture slowly and turned to look at me.
"I thought Sam was lying. What are you?" She was ANGRY angry.
"What. Are. You." She stepped back.
"I think you know." I said. I grabbed Paul's arm and ran to my room. I could hear my mom sniffle. What am I gonna do?

Just a little heads up, there may be some smeggsy content next chapter.😏🤪😫😟😩