Murder Capital of the World

Our mom kept changing the station as Micheal and Sam complained about the music.
"Just pick a song and leave it." I said. Finally, mom landed on a song that we all like. We drove past a large sign that read, "Welcome to Santa Carla." and on the back it said, "Murder capital of the world." Me and Micheal glanced at each other. Real nice knowing this is where we have to live.
"Lovely." I muttered.

---

We walked up to the house to see grandpa laying on the ground.
"Um..." I was a little shocked.
"Is he alive?" Micheal asked.
"If he's dead can we go back to Phoenix?" Sam smiled. I rolled my eyes.
"No, he's just a deep sleeper." Mom said calmly.
"I'm playing dead!" Grandpa said suddenly, causing me to jump, "and from what I hear, I'm doing a pretty good job at it." He laughed.
"Oh, dad." My mom said as she helped him up. Jeez, we've only been in Santa Carla for 15 minutes and it's already insane.

We walked inside. There was tons of taxidermy all over.
"This is a pretty cool place." Micheal said.
"For The Texas Chain Saw Massacre." Sam made a face at all the taxidermy.
"I wouldn't be surprised if I got murdered here." I said. Sam and Micheal chuckled.
"At least we'll get murdered together." Micheal joked.

Sam suddenly seemed panicked.
"There's no TV. Have you seen a TV?
l haven't seen a TV, Mike!" He was frantically looking around.
"Relax. There's gotta be a TV somewhere." I placed a hand on his shoulder.
"You know what it means when there's no TV? No MTV." He said, still panicked. I rolled my eyes again. We ran through the house looking at all the stuff. Micheal chased me and Sam.
"Hey, guys, no running in the house!" Mom yelled to us.

We cracked open the door to see inside a room. It had even more taxidermy.
"Talk about The Texas Chansaw Massacre." I whispered. Sam chuckled into my shoulder.
"Rules," grandpa said suddenly, "we've got some rules around here."
We followed him to the kitchen. He opened the fridge.
"Second shelf is mine," he said pointing to a shelf labeled 'Old Fart', "That's where l keep my root beers
and my double-thick Oreo cookies." We nodded.

Micheal pointed out the window. There was a plant. The plant. He motioned 'smoking' with his hands. I covered my mouth to muffle my giggle.
"Hey, Glrandpa, is it true that Santa Carla's the murder capital of the world?" I asked.
"Well, there are some bad elements
around here." He responded. Sam moved infront of me.
"Wait, let me get this straight. Are you telling me we moved to the murder capital of the world?" Sam seemed shook to say the least.
"Well, let me put it this way." Grandpa started, "lf all the corpses buried around here were to stand up all at once...we'd have one hell of a population problem." He ended his sentence with a laugh.
"Great dad." Mom said, not amused.

We continued to follow grandpa.
"Now, on Wednesdays,
when the mailman brings the TV Guide sometimes the address label
is curled up just a little like that. Now, you'll be tempted to tear it off.
Don't. You'll only wind up ripping the cover, and I don't like that." He handed us the TV guid.
"And stay out of here." He gestured to the taxidermy room.
"Wait, you have a TV?" Sam asked.
"No. If you have the guid you don't need the TV." Grandpa said. Well damn. This place will be quite boring.

Little does she know😏. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this fic!