"2 Minutes to Midnight"

We got to my house. Sam ran into my arms.
"I missed you, Erica." He said and squeezed me tight.
"I missed you, too. How are your grades?" I asked, ruffling his hair.
"Geez, it's only been a week." He said, fixing his hair. He looked up to see the boys.
"Ahhh!!!" He backed up.
"Hey, were cool little dude. We ain't gonna do nothin." Paul chuckled. Sam nodded and came back to me. Mom walked out. A smile immediately grew on her face.
"I didn't know you were bringing them over. I would've cleaned up a bit, I'm so sorry."
"Mom, they're really chill, I doubt they care if the house is a little messy." I giggled.
"Yeah, you should see our place. It could use a little...well, a little." Marko said.

Mom didn't say anything. She just stared at them.
"What?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Aren't you such a handsome group of boys." She admired them.
"Mom." I rolled my eyes and snickered. She walked up to them and pushed me away, whispering to them. They laughed.
"What are you doing?" I walked back to them.
"Well, honey, you don't have a boyfriend and they seem like fine gentlemen. You have to have a crush on one of them." She said. Oh, yeah, I haven't told her yet.
"Well, too bad, I have a boyfriend." I smirked.
"Really? Who?" She seemed shocked. Wow, subtle burn. I walked to Paul and he put his arm around me.
"Oh, Paul, I knew it! You two are so cute! But you better treat her right." She warned.
"Don't worry, ma'am, I promise."
"...let me get a picture of the all of you. I need to remember this moment!" She ran to get her camera.

I shook my head to see David and Dwayne doing rock, paper, scissors.
"What's that about?"
"We're choosing who your mom adopts." Dwayne smiled. I laughed at them. They're too much. Mom came back.
"Okay, stay right where you are. Paul, put your arm around Erica again." She hurried us. He placed his arms around my shoulders pulled me closer. Marko stood slightly behind me, David next to Marko, then Dwayne at the end. We smiled and she took the picture...but then I remembered.
"Oh! Mom, give me the camera!"
"Why?"
"I- um- I wanna...I need to borrow it!" I said and took off with it to my room. That was a close call, but I know she's going to want to see the picture eventually. But she'll be surprised when me and the boys show up clear as glass. I checked the time. 11:58. Mom should be getting ready for bed in a few minutes. I think I'll stay here.