Are We Still Friends?

When I got back to my room, Paul was looking through my records. He picked up one of my Mötley Crüe records.
"You like them?" I asked.
"Yeah. You kinda got Tommy Lee's hair." He smiled.
"Yeah, I get that one a lot." I chuckled.
"Here she is." I said and handed him the guitar while I set up the amp.
"Ooh electric."
"Yeah. I love rock music, so why not make it?" He nodded. I plugged the guitar into the amp and made sure the volume wasn't too high. Paul handed me my guitar.
"What do you want me to play?" I asked. He thought for a moment.
"Do you know Enter Sandman?"
"Of course I do." I said, and bagan playing.

I played a few songs before I started getting tired. It was 3AM (which is kinda early for a vampire to sleep) but I just wanted to sleep.
"Now, go away, I wanna sleep." I leaned my guitar on the wall.
"Why can't I stay?" Paul pouted again.
"Because that's weird. I barely know you, I'm not letting you sit here and watch me sleep." I rolled my eyes. I seem to do that a lot. He then must have done something to me, because I got super drowsy.
"Damn you." I mumbled and got under the covers.
"See ya soon, princess." He whispered, and I fell asleep.

---

When I woke up it was only morning. I thought I was gonna be able to sleep all day, but I guess not. I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs. I grabbed my sunglasses and went outside because Mike finally decided to come home. I opened the door and gave him a hug. Mike hugged me back and went inside.
"Hi." Mom said from the other side of the porch. I only smiled at her. I love my mom, but this is all too much.
"Hey, aren't we friends anymore?" She asked me.
"Sure." I responded blankly.
"Sure. Does that mean we are, or..."
"We are." I said a little harsher than I meant.
"Well, then let's act like friends. Let's talk." I didn't say anything.
"Erica, take off your glasses." She's too sweet not to listen to her. I took them off but kept my eyes on the ground.
"Erica, look at me." I looked up, but only for a second.

"Of there's a guy-"
"I'm tired mom." I cut her off.
"We could talk about-"
"I'm tired, mom." I said louder. I felt bad but I had to get out of this conversation.
"We could talk about anything you want to talk about." She frowned a little.
"l have more serious things on my mind than guys and school. Things that--"
"Things I wouldn't understand?" She smiled softly. I nodded and walked through the door. Micheal had waited for me. We walked past the kitchen.
"Looks like I'm not the only one who got lucky last night." Grandpa said pointing at Mike. I didn't show it but I almost laughed.
"Did you take care of everything, guys?" Sam asked. I looked at Micheal. He ignored us and went to his room. I looked back at Sam and shrugged. I went to my bathroom to shower.

---

When I got out of the shower I got dressed. I slipped on my shoes and headed downstairs. As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs Micheal grabbed my wrist.
"We need to find Star." He said.
"Why? Are you horny again?" I laughed. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.
"Oh! Micheal, Erica! Max is coming to dinner. I'd like you to meet him." Mom said.
"We can't, we have plans." Mike said. Mom sighed.
"You know, things are gonna change
around this house when school starts." she yelled to us as we headed to the door. When he opened the door, a man, who I'm assuming is Max, was standing there.
"Hey." I said with an annoyed smirk.
"How are you doing? You must be Micheal and Erica." Max smiled widely.
"And you must be Max." Mike said sassly.
"Right. How are you?" Neither of us responded. I glared at him through my glasses. He stared into my soul. Creep.

He returned his gaze to Micheal.
"Well, you're the man of the house...and I'm not coming in until you invite me." I could feel Mike getting annoyed.
"You're invited." He said and pulled me past Max. We got on our bikes and rode away.