Back in action part II

"Alright, I'll tether the transports together and drive them back to the fortress. You keep me covered in case anything happens." Tristan said as he started the leading transport and began driving. Jumping on top of the transport he sat down, enjoying the ride.

The trees seemed to nearly fly past him. He heard the wind as it passed his helmet. He smiled.

He couldn't help the thought that if Thrawn hadn't destroyed Chopper base he wouldn't be here now. If Thrawn hadn't killed his friends and family, he wouldn't be here now. If he didn't let the force guide him here and tried to manually enter hyperspace coordinates he'd be dead. If he didn't feel fear at the sight of the fleet above Attolon and ran for the ships he'd be dead. If that imperial working the turbo laser had better aim he'd be dead. "Guess I'm lucky like that."

He sat there, on top of the transport, remembering how Kanan once told him luck didn't exist, only the force. "Then why? Why only me? Wouldn't Kanan be more capable?" His lamenting was put to an abrupt halt when a massive urge to move overtook him. Throwing himself to the left he dodged a volley of blaster bolts. "Tristan! We've got ties!" He ignites his saber reflexively blocking bolts from the tie. He felt a sudden wave of anger and disappointment. Suddenly, the tie exploded. "Damn Ezra! How'd you do that!"

He heard a small thud behind him. "Damn." He turned to face the new threat. As the two eyed each other up he heard the distinct sound of a tie bomber. "The pilot will kill us both." The inquisitor didn't seem to mind. "I've survived worse than an incompetent pilot." The woman spoke with authority, seemingly unconcerned with much of anything he or the pilot could do to her.

The two ignited their sabers. They began circling each other. She swung high, with a quick block he deflected her attack and began his own. Jumping up he kicked her in the face, not doing much due to her helmet. She bent her knee to keep her balance. At the same time, they both tried to push the other away. Flying back he moved his legs behind him and landed without much effort.

The inquisitor however landed harshly on her shoulder and rolled. "Not bad, for a child." Ezra smirked. "Says the overgrown padawan." He felt her bristle at his jab. "I was a Jedi Knight!" He smiled at her agitation. "Well, I am a Jedi Knight. Unlike me, your nothing more than a failure." She yelled, now in a rage. Moving faster than any normal person could see, she dashed forward hoping to impale him.

Dodging to the side he remembers something Sabine told him. 'The gauntlets, they were originally made to, uh, how to put this? Kriff it, they were made to fight Jedi. So they've got repulsors, grappling hooks, and a flamethrower on the right hand.' Thinking quickly he decided to not jump away but set her on fire.

The fire was bright and, judging from the heat, exceedingly hot. He felt her confusion. The fire although exceedingly hot, paled when in comparison to a lightsaber's blade. And the heat was far too spread out. And then it registered, she was on fire. Panicked, she lost her composer she began flailing around. Both trying to extinguish the flames and trying to remove her burning cloak. Neither one came to fruition.

With an exceedingly powerful push, Ezra launched her off the speeding transport. Sending her deep into the dark and snowy forest of krownest. "Haha, yeah! Get some!"

"Tristan, I dealt with the problem." After a few seconds, Tristan's voice boomed into his helmet's earpiece. "My ass dealt with the problem! That bombers gonna kill us!" With widened eyes, he looked up and saw the missiles flying straight at them. "Oh damn."

With a quick motion fueled by adrenaline, he did his best to push the missiles aside.