Back in action part I

The convoy moved slowly. Trying to be discreet. None of the lights were on and the engines were off. The vehicles being pushed by the stormtroopers.

"Well, we can't accuse them of not trying to be stealthy." He heard Tristan scoff. "Please they couldn't even be bothered to paint or cover their armor. We saw the moonlight reflecting off them long before we realized that they have the shipment with them. Stormtroopers, as incompetent as ever."

Ezra smirked under his helmet. "Ya know, brother, you were a stormtrooper not all that long ago." He felt Tristan bristle at being referred to as a stormtrooper. "Be sure to fact check yourself, brother. I was an Imperial super commando." Ezra just shrugged. "Really, I still kicked your ass like any other stormtrooper I've come across. Maybe you need to work harder at training."

"That's it, once we're done here, we duel. No holding punches, all in." Ezra just nodded. "I don't know about that Tristan. How would mother feel, watching her children fight?" He let a single gwaff out before he schooled himself. "She would tell us to sweep the other's leg is what she'd do."

They both quietly laughed at their banter. "Hey, so, we just gonna watch 'em or what?" Ezra asked, wanting to start a fight. "Well, we do know they've got the supply shipments. And we do have orders to disrupt the shipment." He trailed of hinting at the possibility of attacking the convoy. Turning to face Ezra he found him gone. Whipping around he sees him running down the hill. Unignited lightsaber in hand.

Jumping down onto the dark road he ignites the saber and in one fluid motion he cut down the two forward guards. Smiling under his helmet he moved forward, deeper into the Imperial collum. His blade was fast and sure. Each slash landing perfectly on its target. After what seemed like less than a minute to him he found himself in the thick of it. Flanked on three out of four sides he was deflecting blaster bolts like a master of old. Kanan would be proud.

He noticed that every few seconds an Imperial would collapse. A single burn mark somewhere on the head. With the Jedi and Mandalorian duo, the Imperials were dealt with in less than ten minutes. "Well, Master Jedi. I've got to say. You sure have the art of getting pinned down mastered." Tristan commented as he sallied over to Ezra's side. "No, no little brother. It's not getting pinned down that's the art. But the ancient Jedi tradition of distraction. That I have mastered."

This time they both laughed aloud at the banter. "Ah, raids are so much more fun with you than Sabine, why couldn't you have stayed back then." Ezra knew this was his chance to get some good blackmail. "What don't like brother-sister bonding?" Tristan shrugged. "I mean every now and again, sure. But the last eight-nine months all she ever talked about was you and how she'd get mother and father to accept you into the clan. When all she needed to do was just fess up and tell them. They approved of you long ago."

Ezra visibly deflated at his words. "What? Not what you wanted to hear?" Tristan asked as he put his hands on his hips. "Yeah! I was hoping for some good blackmail. But no, all I get is more heartwarming stuff. I thought Mandalorians would be harder than this. Seriously, you guys always seem so metal. But now that I'm sticking around all the softer stuff is coming out... But I gotta say this is better than your entire family trying to kill me."

He took a deep breath after his rant. "You done?" Tristan asked, overly emphasized exasperation at play. "Yea, I'm done."