In mourning

Ezra sighed as he turned away from the holoclock. Tristan had dropped him off here four hours ago. "Told the old man I wasn't gonna get any sleep." He got up from his chair and made his way back to the main hall. Deciding that meditation would probably help him find peace he looked for the training area Sabine once told him about. It apparently had a padded floor, he'll have to find out for himself.

After a few minutes of aimless wandering, he found the gym. He smiled at the sight of the large open space. Looking at the equipment he smiles at the sight of the little, roughly detonator-sized droids. He remembered Sabine's description of them. 'There small because we use them to practice evasive maneuvers and stressed return fire on a small target.' He knew how they work, and knew they'd be excellent practice for blaster deflection.

He didn't realize how long he'd been there training. He'd transitioned from the small droids to the weights to the treadmill and now he was practicing his forms. He stopped when he felt an unnatural amount of eyes on him. Stopping mid-swing he turned to look behind him and found a gaggle of twenty or so Mandalorians watching him train. "Ugh, hello." He said to the group with a small wave.

It seemed that Alrich had materialized from the crowd. "Ah, Master Bridger. It seems you've captivated the early birds of the clan. A marvelous demonstration I must say. But if you remember what I mentioned last night, Sabine is awake and waiting." Ezra nodded, clipping his saber to his belt. "But first, I've arranged a new set of clothes for you. And might I recommend a shower."

Ezra nodded and made his way back to his room and the refresher. He stood there under the sanitizing liquid. He could still hear the sounds of the turbo lasers, the screaming, the explosions, could still feel the ground shake from the force of the explosions. He could still feel the heat of the fire that melted down the main building. Taking a deep breath he schooled himself then got out of the refresher and dressed.

Thinking that some quick meditation would help him keep his calm he knelt and dove into the force.

He felt the aura's of the people inside and around the fortress. He felt their emotions, could even hear some of their thoughts. Turning into himself he saw the distress and pain within himself. He saw the pain and hate, growing like never before. The want for revenge, the want to see Thrawn laying dead on the ground.

He could almost hear Kanan telling him to let it all go. But he didn't want to. He wanted to hold on to the pain for a time. He knew he shouldn't draw strength from it, which could lead him to the dark side. He knew he shouldn't, and for some of it. He did let it go.

"The empirals don't have to die. But Thrawn will, I'll kill him, one day." Rising from the floor he made his way to the door. Stepping through the door he was immediately met with Alrich's smiling face. "You look refreshed Master Bridger. Perhaps you'll have more energy for the day after breakfast. Please follow me."