At journeys end

Alrich and Tristan squared their shoulders as they stared down Ephraim. "Honestly, this would be so much easier if you two would just give in." Ephraim spoke quickly, seemingly unconcerned with their combined effort. "On three," Alrich said as he began circling Ephraim. "Oh, this'll be fun! It's just like the holovids."

Tristan cringed at the man's sarcasm. "I'll never understand how lucky Ezra was to only get your looks." Tristan said as he circled around the other side of him. "Don't worry Tristan, I'll still be gracious in victory and kill you quickly. As the two circled him they waited for the small movement from the other to fire. Reaching opposite sides of him they fired, hoping to catch him in a bind.

Twisting his body around and spinning he dodged their two-pronged attack."Ha! Pathetic! You'll both die here!" Throwing his saber at Alrich he spun around again and attacked Tristan with a lightning attack. Throwing up his hands he activated his shield generator. Due to it being wrist-mounted and rather small the shield only amounted to the size of an actual small shield. Catching the attack just in time Tristan held the attack, hoping the shield won't be overtaken.

"It won't last long boy! What are you gonna do then!?" Ephraim laughed as he held the attack against Tristan. "Come on boy! It'll give way soon enough! Just give in, it'll hurt less!" Just as he overloaded the shield generator Ephraim jumped, surprising Tristan. Before he knew what hit him he was thrown to the ground by a blaster bolt from his father hitting him square in the chest.

Landing on his feet without little effort he smiled at the two. "Ha! What a good shot Alrich! You downed him in one shot!" His eyes widened under his helmet as he ran to his son. Dashing past Ephraim he missed his smile. "How sweet." He muttered as the older man ran past him. Slowly, almost lazily, he walked up behind Alrich. Watching as the older man tried to help his son Ephraim thought of Ezra. Would he have to kill his son? Would he be able to convince him that he was right? He sighed wondering if he could perhaps wound Ezra enough to stop the fight then simply take him and Sabine. Sighing again he looked at Alrich.

Stopping just behind the man he watched him break down over Tristan's body. "It was a good shot, even if it accidentally landed. You hit him dead center of the weakest point in his chest plate." He stopped for a moment as Alrich continued to cry over Tristan. "Just look at it. The bolt nearly vaporized everything in his chest. I doubt he even knew what hit him." Looking the dead young man over he did feel sorry for Alrich.

Smoke still wafted from the large hole in his chest. His heart, or maybe what was left of it, was charred black and looked more like a lump of cole than an organ. A small amount of smoke escaped from his helmet as smoke from his chest worked its way out from underneath his helmet. He was surprised his body wasn't bleeding, looking closer he found the bolt burned all the way through him. Leaving him in two pieces, only being held together by his armor. The bolt was only stopped by the back of his armor. He couldn't help but wonder if he would have to do this to Ezra if he didn't see reason.

Sighing he put a hand on Alrich's shoulder. "Take heart, he died with honor. His ancestors are proud of him. Now, stand and fight. Die with honor, like your son before you." He hopped Alrich would stand, fight him, but he didn't. He remained on the ground, kneeling in front of his son. "Just do it... finish this." He was surprised when the quiet and raspy voice of Alrich filtered out from his helmet.

He kept his gaze fixed on the older man's head. He couldn't shake the feeling of danger he was giving off in the force. "What are you waiting for Ephraim?" His eyes widened when the feeling of danger nearly exploded. Suddenly Alrich punched him in the face with a jetpack boosted attack and took to the air. Feeling the force yell at him to move he looks down at his feet only to find a thermal detonator at his feet.