a note from kageyama. | 18.

kenma woke up to a cold silence.

then, he noticed it.

"shoyo?!" He yelled, panicking. He opened the door to the bathroom, he wasn't there.

he left the hallway and flinch back at the cold temperature.

hinata had...he had left.

he wasn't...

he...

...

kenma panicked, quickly grabbing his phone, wallet, and changing. He fiddled with his shoes and finally got them on, bursting out the door into the bustling city below.

he hair felt uncomfortable on his cold face and neck as the chilling wind slapped him. He didn't care.

he locked his apartment and made his way to the train station, getting on the soonest train to mayagi.

———

after two hours, it was seven am.

time for volleyball practice. He didn't care, he didn't respond to kuroo. He just made his way to karasuno.

he found himself at the door to the gyn, panting, before crashing in.

"...kenma?" He heard the captain say. He blurred out everyone's voices and looked around, for the orange top.

he flinched back when kageyama handed him a folded up note. "I'm sorry, kenma," he murmured. "I'm really sorry."

kenma's eyes fluttered with tears. with panic, he opened the note, seeing a small note to kenma.

wh-

dear kenma.

i'm sorry i didn't spend my last moments with you, but...I'm gone now. Kageyama gave you this, right? I'm sorry it had to be him.

i really wasn't expecting to be a specter from the dead after jumping, really.

i never did think i'd go this far.

theres a note hidden in your apartment. You'll probably never find it till you move out, so please don't tear up your home.

please stay safe. The last thing i want is for you to die. find someone new to love, please. don't continue to mourn over me.

move on, for my sake.

the second last note from your best friend,
hinata shoyo.

(i love you.)

———320 words