soft boys and their succulents. | 07.

the first to wake was hinata, who instantly flushed red due to kenma's thin arms being wrapped around his chest. The boy quietly tried to remove himself, his large wings quite literally, being a pain in his...back? yeah.

quietly, he slipped from the calico's arms and make his way to the kitchen. This was weird. Just twenty four hours ago he was dead, laying limply on the floor as sirens blared obnoxiously in his last few moments, the tall blond—who'd everyone had assumed cared for literally nothing—sobbing over his nearly dead body.

hinata sighed. Why tsukishima, of all people? One of the last things he wanted to hear in his final moments was the salty french fry cry over him.

he quickly got over it though, heading to the bathroom to—hopefully—take a shower and such. He's stolen Kenma's phone by this time, logging into both his bandcamp and spotify—which he shared with kageyama—and had set it up on a random, waterproof speaker he'd found in the cabinet.

he noticed a new playlist on spotify, 'in his memory,' full of hinata's favorite songs. It was nice to know he cared about him, hinata realized, even after the breakup.

he sighed and opened bandcamp, playing penelope scott through the app. He started with Lotta True Crime, and continued with the rest of her songs—ending with the glitzy version of Born2Run.

he started the music and took the feathers off from his hair, soon after that taking his clothes off. He looked at the multitude of scars all over his arms, legs, and waist, mumbling something to himself about the newest ones that hadn't been born into scars yet being gone.

at least he didn't have to worry about them. Quietly, he started the shower up and waiting for it to be warm. Afterward, he got in and started washing himself, sitting in the bathtub part of the shower-bath and letting the water run over his shoulders and head.

it was calming, Born2Run playing in the background. "And when soft boys and their succulents, and girls dressed to crack skulls, take the capitol and render it's capitol...dull." he quietly sung to the song, the steam in his lungs starting to bring him to his limits. "We'll feel a bit more pumped and a bit less sad...paint our shirts, say we're sorry, and call our dads..."

he sighed, getting up from his previous position and turning on spotify, his regular playlist, and continued to sit in the shower until the water turned cold. It was...enjoyable, to say the least, until the water slowly started turning colder.

a soft bang came from the door, a soft, "hinata?" coming from the other side.

"ah, kenma." he murmured, getting up and turning off the water, and wrapping a towel around himself before peaking out into the cold apartment. "I was taking a shower...I'll be out in a moment."

he dried himself off and blow dried his hair, afterwards slipping on a puffy, black zip-up over a oversized black-and-white checkered shirt, a pair of black overalls limply on. His eyes were dull and milky. It was...odd, seeing himself in the mirror.

he grabbed his phone and put the speaker away, afterward hanging the towel on the door before opening the door and heading into the kitchen.

"oh...hi, shōyō." kenma spoke quietly, looking at hinata with a smile. The boy noticed his glossy eyes and sighed, "How're we going to-"

"its fine. I'll just hide, its no big deal.." hinata giggled. "But, its around seven, right? We should head to school." He thought for a moment before giggling again, "Well, Nekoma."

kenma nodded, sighing, putting away his dishes before opening the door for hinata to come out of.

- - - -
uhm, hello! its been awhile. but thanks for sticking here and for the support! as you can tell, this chapter got its name from Penelope Scott's song Born2Run! I'd suggest you check it out! Its on bandcamp and youtube :)
word count: 668 words