hide and seek. | 09.

the small boy suddenly woke a vigorous shaking, his glossy eyes and large wings fluttering uncomfortably as he woke.

"nata- hinata!" A voice said; his vision adjusting to the now bright lights of the gym.

"ugh...God, why did I fall asleep?" He mumbled, finally looking at the voice. "Uhm...This is awkward." hinata looked at tsukishima, the younger boy having fat tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I....can...I cannot explain."

"hinata what the fuck?" Tsukishima finally spoke up, wiping at his eyes in a failing attempt to stop the sobs.

"I'm a ghost...I guess?" He mumbled, bitting the inside of his mouth.

"I mean, I have wings that appear to work, my eyes a glossy...It makes sense." He shrugged before blinking again, spotting the rest of the team.

"....This is a situation I'd rather not be in." He licked his lips before "I..." Before he could once again speak, kenma pushed tsukishima from hinata and glared at him.

the slightly taller calico hugged hinata and didn't stop glaring. "So you weren't a hallucination caused by my grief..." He murmured, quietly burying his face in the smaller's neck.

"and you hugged me like a stuffed animal in your sleep." Hinata giggled at kenma's sudden sputtering, the nekoma student pushing hinata back in frustration, a glaring red blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Welp, I'm....dipping- uh, goodbye!" Hinata suddenly snatched kenma's phone and wallet and ran, soon talking off into the sky with his wings.

"hinata!!" kenma screamed, trying to run after the boy.

the orange top situated himself on top of a building, dialing daichi's number on the smaller one's phone.

"...hinata." The captain spoke quietly

"...daichi." Hinata had finally spoke. "This is a really...weird situation, I've gotten myself into, isn't it?" He spoke quietly.

"can you come back to the gym? Tsukishima's pretty upset..."

"..." The line was silent, Hinata sitting with his legs dangling off the building. "No. Treat this like hide-and-seek. Find me and I'll come back."

——————
337 words