THIRTEEN

(Seorin's POV)

  It was day of the fashion show. Everyone was rushing around setting up the runway and doing last minute checkups. I was so busy, there wasn't even time to breathe. But it was also good in a way, since being busy kept my mind from what happened the day before.

  Whenever I saw Sehun, a wave of unrecognizable emotion swept through me. I was flustered, but also mad at him for playing around like that. Most of all I felt confused, mixed with a little bit of hurt. I didn't know what he felt for me and what I felt about him. Would he have kissed me if we weren't interrupted?  Or was it really a joke?

  I sighed and pushed all the frustrating thoughts away. We were running another rehearsal at that moment. The models walked up and down the runway, while the production team coordinated the lighting and the sound system. We were having a full dress rehearsal later. 

  Sehun was backstage waiting for his turn and I was standing at the back of the hall, holding the bubble tea he told me to bring. Someone came and leaned on the wall next to me. It was Ji Hun. He watched the runway silently for a moment. Then he turned to me.

"I got you something for your birthday," he said holding out a small box.

 "Thank you," I said with a smile and took the box. Inside was a chain with a gorgeous silver pendant carved into a rose. It gleamed softly in the dim lighting. "It's beautiful."

  "I'm glad you like it," Ji Hun said "I was going to give it to you yesterday, but... um.. you were..." His voice trailed off and he cleared his throat uncomfortably.

 I looked up, my face flaming. "Nothing was happening- I swear. He was just being annoying and playing around. There's nothing between us."

  Ji Hun studied me silently. I couldn't read the expression in his eyes. Is he mad?? But why? Shortly he said, "If you say so."  There was an awkward silence.

 "Thank you again for the gift," I said, trying to break the silence "It's very pretty."

  "Like you,"

  "What?" I asked, wondering if I heard him correctly.

  "No I was saying that she looks like you," Ji Hun said quickly pointing at one of the models on the runway. She was tall and elegant- the total opposite of me.

  "I think its time you got some spectacles," I said with a laugh. Ji Hun cracked a smile at that and ruffled my hair, almost subconsciously. A sudden shadow fell over us.

  "How many times do I have to call you?" asked Sehun me while glaring at Ji Hun. "Are you deaf?"  I felt my heart turn at the sight of him.

  "What do you want?" I asked, averting my gaze from his. Sehun gave an exasperated sigh and grabbed my arm.

  "I want my assistant to stop flirting and do her job," he said as he started dragging me away. 

  "I wasn't-" I started protesting but Sehun only tightened his grip on my arm and started walking faster. I gave Ji Hun an apologetic smile and he waved back, his face unreadable. Sehun let me go in front of the dressing rooms, ignoring everyone who was staring.

  "Can you be any more annoying?" I grumbled, rubbing my arm where he gripped me. Sehun shrugged. "Why did you call me?"

  "I wanted my bubble tea," he said.

  "So you could have just asked for it. Why did you drag me all the way here?!"

  "Just because," he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him, annoyed.