TWENTY FIVE

(Seorin's POV)

   There was absolute silence in the room. I glanced over at Sehun who was staring at his phone and biting his lip nervously. The others were eyeing us in silence like they weren't sure how to address the situation.

  "I'm sorry we made this mess," I blurted out, unable to stand the silence any longer. "I'll make it right somehow."

  Sehun looked up. "It isn't your fault," he said "I was the one who asked you to dinner."

   "But I was the one who held your hand to compare the sizes," I pointed out.

  "That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't- we should've stayed at home..." Sehun sighed.

   Yes. Clearly, I'm not worthy of you according to your fans, I thought somewhat bitterly, though I knew that was not what he meant. I didn't reply and slumped down in my chair, felling guilty.

   "It's none of your faults," Suho said sensing the guilt in the atmosphere. "Stop blaming yourselves."

  "Our fans' deductive powers scare me sometimes," Sehun said with a tight smile.

  "I know, right?" Kai put in "How in the world do they dig up all sorts of evidence for everything? They even recognized Seorin from that video. They're better than Sherlock Holmes." He shook his head.

  "Fans have the knack for these sort of things," Baekhyun said. "But enough on that. What are we going to do?"

  "At least they didn't find out Seorin's living with us," Xiumin said "Or all hell would have broken loose."

  "Nevertheless, manager hyung's going to kill us," said Suho just as his phone started ringing. "Speak of the devil," he said and picked up the call. My stomach knotted in apprehension. Suho listened for a few minutes and said, "Ok hyung. I'll talk with him."

  We all looked at him expectantly as he pushed his phone into his pocket. "Well, manager hyung said he isn't going to kill us," Suho said "But he wants us to talk and decide what to do next about the rumours." He gave Sehun and me a look.

 "Uh why are you looking at me like that?" Sehun asked bluntly.

  "You guys need to decide what you want to do about the rumours," Suho explained "You can either deny them, or not." He stressed on 'not' and gave Sehun a knowing look. I glanced at Sehun in confusion.

  He was blinking like he was just coming to an understanding. My heart gave an odd, excited thump. Is he going to?? Omg what if he-?? I looked at him expectantly, my heart beating wildly. Sehun looked at me for a long moment and then turned to Suho.

  "But we are not in a relationship," he said and my heart plummeted to the floor. What was I even expecting??! I silently cursed myself and bit my lip against the sharp spike of hurt I felt. Stop being delusional!! Sehun turned back to me. "Right?," he asked, not meeting my eyes.

   I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Um yeah, no totally," I said plastering a smile on my face. The others looked at the two of us with odd looks on their faces. "Yeah, I mean we aren't a couple or anything. Right?" I glanced at Sehun.

  "Yeah," he said nodding furiously "Like, we are not like that. I mean, that would be crazy."

  It would? I looked at him silently for a second and then dragged up a laugh. It sounded weird even to my own ears. "Obviously. I mean, the two of us? A couple? That's hilarious!!!"

  It was Sehun's turn to look at me silently and he too suddenly burst into a fit of crazy laughter. It sounded even more weirder than mine. "Us dating would be like heaven burning or hell freezing over," he laughed "It has zero possibility."