TWENTY TWO

(Sehun's POV)

  "Seorin's not here yet?" I asked, poking my head into the living room where the others were hanging out.

  "Not yet," Lay said, looking up from his phone.

  I glanced at the clock on the wall. "It's late. She should be here by now," I said worriedly.

  "She'll be fine," reassured Suho.

  "Didn't she say she's heading back to the head office for some work?" Kai asked.

  "Yeah, but that's just to drop off some files," I pointed out "It shouldn't be taking this long."

  "Maybe she went shopping with her friends or something," Chanyeol put in, eyes fixed on his laptop. "You know how girls- AISH THAT BASTARD!!! How DARE you!!! Have a taste of this!" he broke off and started yelling at the video game. "Damn it!" he tossed his headphones away in disgust when he lost.

  "Hah you lost again!" Baekhyun gloated and then turned to me "She's probably out with her friends like Chanyeol said. Girls forget everything when they go shopping don't they? Stop worrying."

  I wasn't convinced. "I'm going to call her," I informed the others and pulled out of my phone.

  "Don't you think being a little overbearing?" Xiumin asked gently and I stared at him incredulously. "I know you care for her, but maybe give her a little space?"

  "I'll give her space after I call her," I said stubbornly and dialed Seorin's number. I waited somewhat impatiently for her to pick up. She didn't. "She's not answering." I said, my voice climbing an octave.

  "Maybe the battery's dead?" D.O said.

  "No its not! I could hear the rings!" I snapped.

  "I was just trying to be rational," he said patiently "Try again."

   I called Seorin again but it was no use. She didn't pick up. "Hyung!" I whined to Suho, starting to panic.

  "Just try once more," he said consolingly "Three time's the charm"

  I bit my lip worriedly and called her again. This time, to my immense relief, she answered. "My God woman, answer the damn phone!" I cried. There was a silence at the other end and I heard a low chuckle.

  "Oh, so you're Ice Cube Face! I was wondering who it was," a voice said. A male voice. I went cold all over.

  "Who the hell are you?!" I demanded "Where's Seorin?! Why do you have her phone?!"

  "Can't you recognize me?" the voice said "It's Ji Hun."

  My jaw dropped. "Ji Hun! Where's Seorin? And why are you with her?! Give her the phone!"

  "I'm afraid Seorin can't answer the phone right now," Ji Hun replied "She's-"

  "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!" I yelled into the phone "IF YOU HURT HER, I SWEAR I'M GOING TO-"

  "I know you don't like me but I hope you know that I would never hurt Seorin," he interrupted me sharply.

  "Why do you have her phone then?" I asked irritably.

  "I was going to tell you but you interrupted me," Ji Hun sighed "I'm at her hometown with her-"

  "Why?"

  "Can you STOP interrupting?!" he said exasperatedly "I had to drive her home. Her brother passed away earlier today..."

  "What?! Why?! Is she ok?!!"