prologue.

♡ ♡ ♡ 

I think when it's all over it just comes back in flashes. Every touch, every kiss, every memory.. it's all gone now. He was once a huge part of my life and it's crazy to think that it's all over. But, that's what happens. Life moves on and you have to move along with it whether you like it or not.

I wish I could've told him one last time that I loved him. I wish I could go back and change what happened. But, I can't. I sat in my room for days, weeks, wishing that everything could go back to how it was. But, it never did.

Two years went by and I finished high school. He never reached out to me and I never expected him to. I should've fought for him, I should've won back his heart but I felt like there was no point. He was already gone. He moved on. I was no longer apart of his world and it killed me inside when I realized that.

After my parents split up, I was on my own. I was alone, I had nothing and no one to talk to. That's when I realized that I had to move on. I had to break through the walls that I built up and just forget about him. It was hard, but I did it. I moved to New York City because I figured it would be for the best. I could start a new life with no worries. Even though he made me smile and laugh and he was always there for me, I forgot about him. But the worst part was that I felt like such a failure.

All the past memories between us would come flooding back into my mind at the worst times. It all came back, but he never did. And I truly think that he'll never feel the same way again.

I loved him so much that I just had to let go.

I let go of the past and focused on the future.

♡ ♡ ♡