twenty one.

stephanie.

Matt's tongue makes its way into my mouth as I push my hands up his back, and into his hair to grip at the roots. A moan falls out of my mouth as he suddenly separates his lips from mine, but then quickly connects them against my neck, sucking on the skin. Everything feels so rushed, but so good at the same time.

My nails seem to dig into Matt's skin the harder he sucks on my neck, making sure to leave a mark there. When his lips disconnect from my neck, he runs his fingertips lightly down my sides then stops at my hips. I'm suddenly lifted off the bed and in one swift motion, Matt shoves me against the nearest wall as my legs wrap around his torso to keep myself up.

"I hate you.." Matt mumbles into my mouth, "So. fucking. much." He moans, bringing my bottom lip between his teeth before letting go.

"No you don't." I whisper, out of breath.

His lips connect with mine again forcefully, obviously trying to ignore what I just said. His motions seem very sloppy as he continues to kiss me and I can just tell that he's having an internal conflict with himself. I suddenly don't feel the connection with him like I did minutes ago. It's like a brick wall was just built in between us and I can't break through.

In a matter of seconds, Matt's hands let go of me, letting my feet fall to floor as I stumble to the side. He backs away from me quickly and turns away as if he just made a mistake. I can hear his heavy breathing as I watch him pace back and forth, contemplating.

"You should go." He suddenly says, irritation clear in his voice.

I pull my eyebrows together in confusion as I continue to stare at him. "Why?" I ask.

"Because I said so." He states.

"Give me one good reason and I will." I cross my arms, and I suddenly feel the same way I did when I first walked into this room. Pissed off and annoyed.

"I just- I.." He stutters, beginning to pace again, "Fuck! Just go!" He yells, which makes me flinch.

"No." I calmly say, "I'm not leaving. Not again."

He pauses for what feels like hours even though it was just a few seconds. I patiently wait for him to say something, but he doesn't. I continue to stare at him and I notice how his eyes are starting to get red.

"Please." He finally chokes out, softly.

I swallow the lump building up in my throat and I try my best not to get upset over this, but it's just so hard.

"Isn't this what you wanted though?" I quietly ask, still nervous and not wanting to piss him off even more.

He eventually sits down at the edge of the bed and shoves his face into his hands, so I start to slowly walk towards him. I can hear his heavy breathing and even a couple sobs and suddenly, it feels like my heart just shattered. Seeing Matt like this just tears me apart and I hate it. I just wish he would tell me what he's thinking.

Carefully, I sit down next to Matt and place my hand lightly on his thigh. After one more sob, he finally brings his hands away from his face, but quickly wipes the underneath of his eyes with the bottom of his shirt. He stares at my hand for a few seconds, before bringing his eyes to meet mine.

"I broke up with Jessica." He states.

I break his eye contact and quickly look straight ahead at the wall. Now I'm starting to wonder if the whole reason he was crying was because he's not with Jessica anymore.

"Oh." I say quietly.

I notice how Matt pulls his eyebrows together and continues to look at me, like he's confused. Everything is honestly so confusing right now.