twenty four.

stephanie.♡

"Can I get a picture with you?" A few girls ask Matt. 

He lets go of my hand and gives me a soft smile before nodding his head at the girls. I'm pretty much used to this by now, since Matt does have millions of followers, he's bound to get noticed in public most of the time. Especially in a city like New York, and especially when he tweets that he's here. 

Matt smiles for all the pictures and is genuinely nice to the girls. He asks them a few questions about their day and they all giggle while responding. 

Suddenly, a few girls turned into about ten as more of them started to recognize Matt. He looks over at me mouthing "I'm sorry" but I just shake my head, letting him know that it's okay. So with that, I decide to walk into Aeropostale, until Matt is done.

"Hi, can I help you look for anything today?" a nice girl asks as I walk inside. 

"Um, no thanks." I politely answer and keep walking.

I never really shop much in this store, but I just continue to look around while I wait for Matt. I walk over to a section of clothes and begin to look through them. I notice that the girl who greeted me at the entrance was hesitantly looking at me, but I chose to ignore it. I'm not sure why she kept staring though, it was kind of uncomfortable.

I grab a cute shirt off the hanger and hold it up to my chest, glancing at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, my phone begins vibrating like crazy in my pocket, forcing me to hang the shirt back up. I fumble to grab my phone wondering who could possibly be calling me right now. Probably Nash or Alexis.

My eyebrows scrunch together when I see that it's my mom.

"Hello?" I answer. 

"Stephanie? Hi, it's mom." she says, which makes me laugh. Of course I know it's her. I honestly don't even remember the last time we talked, but I know that it's been awhile. I felt kind of bad that I never even bothered to call her recently, updating her on my life. 

"What's up?" I ask.

"Just calling to see how things are with you." she continues, "Your father came and visited me today."

"He did?" I question.

 When my parents split up about a year ago, that's when I was pretty much on my own. My mom started to show symptoms of being depressed after she found out that my dad had been cheating on her with another woman. I couldn't believe it when I found out. My dad claimed that my mom wasn't what he needed anymore, he wasn't happy and I could start to tell. He was never home and he was so distant from us. Him and my mom began fighting and that's when he left. He left to go live with his new girlfriend and I haven't seen him since.

"It was so strange to me, I probably looked like a ghost when I first saw him standing outside the door," she slightly laughs.

"What did he say?" I ask, still confused as to why he even showed up in the first place.

"Well, he asked if he could come inside to talk. Deep down I wanted to say no, but for some reason I just couldn't." she sighs, "I made him some coffee and we sat down. He began asking how I was doing, and I told him how hard it's been for me. Since you and your brother are off doing your own things, it's hard being alone you know?"

I nod my head, even though she can't see me. I do feel really bad for just leaving her, but I was having a hard time with my problems as well. I needed to better myself and that's exactly what I did. 

"We actually talked for a few hours without managing to fight," I can tell she's smiling at the little memory. "Eventually, he apologized for what he did. It was nice to get a complete closure I guess, because he didn't even give a full explanation when he left. He told me that he really loves Marie, and surprisingly it was their one year anniversary."