fourteen.

stephanie.

"Change it." I pout.

Me and Matt have been sitting in the same position for the last hour, just listening to music. Cameron and Nash were having their own conversation in the front seat. But I couldn't even hear them, so it felt like me and Matt were in our own little world.

"You don't like Iggy?" Matt gasps.

"Nope." I scrunch my nose.

"Then why do you have this song on your phone?" Matt laughs, continuing to search through my songs again.

I shrug, "Because I like the Ariana Grande part."

"Yeah whatever." He rolls his eyes, then looks at me and smirks. I lightly smack him on the shoulder and he just laughs.

Suddenly I hear the music stop and I pull my eyebrows together, confused. Matt holds my phone out in front of us and that's when I realize that the camera is on. I cover my face with my hands quickly, too embarrassed by how I look right now.

"Steph." Matt whines, nudging me with his elbow.

I eventually remove my hands from my face and look at myself through the front screen camera. Matt moves closer to me, leaning his head towards mine to take a picture.

"Smile!" He says, then takes a lot of pictures.

We make a bunch of stupid faces and Matt just keeps pressing the button. I'm pretty sure my whole camera roll is gonna be filled with pictures of us now.

I lean my head on Matt's shoulder, closing my eyes. All of a sudden, I feel his lips press to my head quickly and the camera noise goes off. I open my eyes and he has a giant smile on his face. As I go to grab my phone, he continues to take pictures of me in motion.

"Matt!" I laugh, trying to grab my phone.

After taking one more picture of me, I finally steal it out of his hands.

"I think you have an obsession with my phone." I laugh, then go back to the music.

"Send me one of the pictures of us." He says, resting his chin on my shoulder to look down at my phone.

I start to scroll through all the pictures he just took of us. He points to the ones that he likes and I send them to him. Once he recieves them, I notice my number come up on his phone.. but it's not saved.

I suddenly remember that one night that I decided to call him, but then told him it was the wrong number. My heart starts racing as he opens the message on his phone. He notices that I'm staring down at it, then sits up a little straighter and clears his throat. He seems nervous all of a sudden.

"I, uh.. I got a new phone. That's why I didn't have your number." He says quickly.

I don't say anything, I just nod my head.

After he saves the pictures to his phone, he turns to look at me.

"I knew it was you who called me that night." He whispers, and I feel my heart drop into my stomach. For some reason, I had a feeling that he knew it was me.

"You did?" I whisper back, my voice cracking a little.

"Mhmm, right when I heard your voice." He says.

"Oh." I look away from him, feeling nervous suddenly.

"Why did you call me?" He actually seems really curious. I would think that he would be mad, but he's not at all.

"I don't know. I guess I just wanted to hear your voice." I admit.

Just as Matt goes to say something, Cameron interrupts.