one.

stephanie.

It's a cold, rainy April day here in the city and right now I'm walking back to my apartment in Manhattan. This past week has been crazy stressful and I'm glad that I can finally just go lay in my bed and sleep the rest of the day. 

It's been nice living alone and doing fun stuff in the city. At first, I wanted to go to college but I decided to take a year off and just have fun. Living in NYC never gets boring. I've met a lot of new people and found some really cool things to do. 

I decide that before I go back to my place, that I'll stop by Times Square to do a little shopping. I haven't been in the heart of the city in awhile, so it'll be nice to see it again and all the tourists strolling along. 

I make my way through all the people and end up going into Forever 21 first. It was still raining outside, so I hurried in and took my hood off the second I got inside. Since this is the biggest Forever 21 in the city, there's literally four floors filled with all different clothing. 

I went up a flight of stairs and began searching. After finding a few shirts and sweaters that I really liked, I went to the cashier and checked out. I gave her a nice smile as she handed me the bag, and then headed outside back in the crowded streets.

I continue passing by other stores like Sephora, the M&M store, Disney, H&M, and Aeropostale. But, once I get to the front of Aeropostale, something catches my eye and causes me to stop.

I quickly run inside so that I don't get soaking wet and so that I can get a closer look of what I think I see. I walk up to the giant poster that takes up almost half the wall and just stare at it. I pull my eyebrows together and I can feel my heart start to beat fast. 

A giant picture of Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Carter Reynolds and Hayes Grier sits right in front of my face and I'm speechless. 

A group of young girls suddenly runs pass me and I stumble to the side a bit. I grab a rack of clothes to straighten back up and once I look down at the clothes I realize something. I look back at the poster and read what it says at the bottom, along with a huge logo that says United XXVI. 

Do they have their own clothing line?

I begin looking through the rack of clothes and they're actually pretty cute. I notice more girls coming into the store, so I decide to follow them to see where everyone's going. This Aeropostale is almost as big as Forever 21, but it's only 2 floors. 

I follow a group of girls up the stairs and it's way too crowded up here. I see a huge line waiting on the other side, so I continue to walk closer. I get closer to the front of the line and I hear a few girls complain that I'm "budging" but I ignore them and continue walking.  

I see a huge table set up with a stack of pictures on each side and four chairs.. with four boys in them. My stomach drops when I see the oh-so familiar faces that I've grown to love. I stand there in shock as memories from two years ago flood back into my mind. 

Hayes is laughing at something Carter said, Cameron is leaning across the table as a girl takes a selfie with him, and Nash has the biggest smile on his face as he signs a picture and hands it to a pretty brunette. 

Everything inside of me wants to go and say something to them, but my feet feel like they're glued to the floor and I can't move. I haven't talked/seen them in so long, so they probably wouldn't even remember me. 

"Excuse me miss, are you in line?" The mom of a young girl, maybe around 10, asks me. 

"Um, uh-" I hesitate and look back at them, "Yeah I am." I quickly say. I feel bad for cutting in front of everybody in line because they've been waiting for so long, but I can't help it. 

When the girls ahead of me finish getting their autographs and pictures with the guys, they start freaking out together as they leave the line. 

I'm next.

I slowly walk up to the table and slightly smile. Cameron was looking down as he was signing the picture, "What's your name sweetie?" He asks.

Once I go to open my mouth, he finally looks up at me and his eyes widen. 

"Oh my god." Nash breathes out.

Carter is speechless.

"Do you want a selfie?" Hayes asks, obviously clueless as to who I am. But I understand because I've only ever met him like one time. 

"Dude, that's Stephanie." Carter says quietly to Hayes. 

"Wow." Cameron says, still staring at me.

I slightly laugh at their reactions, "Hi guys." I say, "It's been awhile, hasn't it?" 

Cameron shakes his head, "Yeah it really has. How've you been?" He asks.

I shrug, "I've been alright, I guess." I say and see Nash smile.

Suddenly a man grabs my arm, "Ma'am, you're holding up the line. Sorry, but time's up." He says and begins pulling me off to the side.

"Wait!" Nash yells and stands up. All of a sudden, he walks around the table and over to me and I can even hear a couple squeals from all the girls that are behind me. "She's with me." Nash tells the security guard.

There's a few gasps from the girls as Nash takes my hand and walks back behind the table. He pulls a chair out for me to sit down and then he takes a seat himself. 

"We'll talk more later." Nash whispers to me, "We'll be finished with this in about an hour."

"Okay." I say.

He turns back around to continue signing stuff for the fans along with the rest of the guys. It feels weird to see them again after so long, but strangely it feels good. I truly missed them.

But the only thing that I think about when I see their faces is, Matt. 

It's like I feel pain and pleasure all at the same time.

...

yayyyy i'm so happy to be starting this book! If you haven't read "Maybe Tonight" yet, go read it because if you don't then you'll probably be confused. 

BUT PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! <3