six.

stephanie.

"Are you sure you want to come with us?" Nash asks me, "I don't wanna force you to go or anything because of-"

"Nash!" I cut him off and silently laugh to myself, "I'm sure."

"Okay okay, I'm just double checking." He says, putting his hands up in defense.

"Plus we're already boarding the plane, so it's too late to back out now." I laugh as we make our way down the little hallway to get to the plane.

Nash lets me step ahead of him as we get onto the plane and make our way down the aisle. I slide into the window seat and Nash slides in next to me. Cameron sits on the outside next to Nash, while Carter and Hayes sit across from us with some old guy. 

"So.." Nash leans a little closer to me, talking quietly. "Why did you decide to come so fast?" He curiously asks. I turn to face him, not realizing how close he was to me and our faces end up being inches apart. He quickly leans back, realizing how close we actually are.

I shrug, thinking of a good response. "Everyone loves a little adventure, right?" 

Nash smiles and glances down for a second before looking back up at me, "Does this little adventure have anything to do with Matt?" He asks, putting air quotes around the word adventure

I look him in the eyes for a good minute before finally looking away and out the window, letting out a big sigh. Nash suddenly notices my change of mood and doesn't say anything, but instead reaches for my hand. I flinch at his touch as he begins rubbing his thumb along my palm.

"It'll be okay." He assures me. 

"I hope so." I whisper.

Nash quickly pulls his hand away from mine as Hayes calls his name from across the aisle. Instead of focusing in on their conversation, I just end up in my own little world as I slip my headphones in my ears. Before the plane actually takes off, I use this time to check all my social media's before I have to turn it on airplane mode. 

I scroll through fast, not really reading anything. But one thing catches my attention, making me scroll back up. I click on the picture that Matt posted about an hour ago on Twitter, and look closly at it. His arm is wrapped around his girlfriend as her head is leaning into him, and in the background a huge sign reads Las Vegas. As much as I hate to admit it, he looks so happy. His smile is so big and he just seems like he's having a really good time. I wish I could say that I was happy.. but that would be a lie. 

"Steph, wanna watch a movie with us?" Cameron leans over to look at me.

I tear my eyes away from my phone and notice that they already have their laptop ready to go, with their headphones plugged in and ready to watch.

"What movie?" I ask.

"The Hobbit." Nash squeals, seeming way too excited to watch it. 

"Sure, I guess." I shrug.

...

Halfway through the movie, I end up falling asleep on Nash's shoulder. Hopefully he doesn't mind because it was already really late at night and I was so tired. Plus, it was really dark inside the plane and I was covered in a blanket so it was kind of hard not to fall asleep. 

"You missed the ending." Nash pouts as I lift my head off his shoulder.

"What happened?" I ask. I wasn't really paying attention throughout the movie, I just kinda dozed off the whole time and thought about other things.