Chapter 2 - Ring of Fire

The train journey was as animated as all the years past. The twins were sending sparks through our compartment as everyone tried desperately not to get hit and continue with their conversations.

Ginny was excitedly asking me all about what she should expect from her fourth year, what classes she should take and all the festivities she should plan for. I was trying to answer best I could but most of my time at Hogwarts up until now had been rather uneventful in that department. I never did anything I wasn't meant to and just tried to stay as focused on my studies as possible. I had never even kissed a boy, until this summer...

Ginny didn't seem vey impressed with my lack of mischief or interesting stories and it became clear somebody had been listening into our conversation.

"This summer has changed you though, Reading" George laughed, "you've enjoyed a few nights of fire whiskey with us from what I can remember"

Flashback: 2 weeks prior at The Burrow

"Put the book down" Ginny squealed, climbing onto the towel I had sprawled out on the grass of their garden.

"Yeah come on Reading, you don't need to read that stuff until Seventh year anyway" Fred called, looking up from the game him and George were playing, which looked like they were just launching bludgers at each other for fun.

I lifted myself up onto my elbows and put the book to my side. I pulled a t shirt over the swimsuit I was wearing, I suppose I'd done enough tanning for the day.

"Alright then, what do you purpose we do?" I asked lifting, an eyebrow at them. Fred & George smirked at each other for a moment, as if twin telepathy was passing between them at that very moment.

"FIRE WHISKEY" they cheered in unison. I checked the time and saw it was 5pm, I guess we were day drinking then. I nodded and stood up, slipping my skirt back over the bottom half of me.

All the siblings, as well as Ron's friends, Harry and Hermione, who were visiting too, followed the twins inside as they darted off to set everything up.

When we got inside they had already made a bottle and 7 glasses appear on the long dining table. We took our places around the table, I had placed myself in-between Fred and Ginny, as they started pouring out glasses for everyone.

"We are dead if mum & dad come home" Ginny muttered. The twins didn't listen and continued to pour out the amber liquid until everyone had a full glass in front of them.

"So what now? We're just going to get drunk, fun" Hermione asked sarcastically.

"Of course not! We've always got a plan" George said nudging Hermione who was at his side, "It's time we taught you lot how to play Ring of Fire. It was very popular in our fifth year and I think it's time we passed down the tradition to you youngsters"

Fred & George went on to excitedly explain the rules, getting into a tiff every now and then about how the game was played properly. I had always been particularly attracted to Fred whenever he got passionate about something, he became louder than normal and ever so cocky. He cheeks would become flushed and he arms would wave in the air, as though helping to prove his point.

The game consisted of one glass being placed in the middle of the table and a deck of cards is fanned around it. Each card representing a task or a person who must drink, which went as follows:

2 = YOU (you pick someone to drink)

3 = ME (you drink)

4 = Floor (last person to touch the floor drinks

5 = GUYS (all boys drink)

6 = CHICKS (all girls drink)

7 = HEAVEN (last one to put their hand in the air drinks)

8 = MATE (Choose a friend to drink with you)

9 = RHYME (you must say a word following around the group everybody must say a word that rhymes until someone can't think of one or a word is repeated then that person must drink)

10 = CATEGORIES (you comes up with a category and going around the circle everyone must come up with something that falls under that category until someone get's stuck, then must drink

Jack = NEVER HAVE I EVER (you can ask 1 never have I ever question and see how many others drink)

Queen = QUESTION MASTER (you can ask people questions but they must only answer you back with questions, this goes on until somebody forgets or the next Queen is drawn)

King = RULE MAKER (you can make a rule that everyone must follow, i.e. no saying names, no swearing. If you break any rules you must drink, the rule ends when the next King is drawn)

Ace = WATERFALL (whoever draws the ace starts the waterfall, you start drinking and one by one everybody in the circle follows until you stop)

"Do we all understand?" George questioned and the rest of the group who were new to the game gave unconvincing nods and they exchanged concerned glances between each other.

"Look you'll learn as it goes along" Fred reassured me in a low voice, so only I could hear, "just follow my lead", ending with a pat on my thigh. I was sure he only meant it to be friendly but as someone who had never even kissed a boy, I felt a warmth grow in my core and I suddenly forgot how to breath. He seemed to notice this and gave a soft chuckle in my direction.

The game started slowly, with everyone forgetting what each card was for a while, until it soon picked up and everyone was loudly taking part.

"Jack! Ah our first Never Have I Ever" George grinned as he looked at the card he'd just pulled from the ring. "What shall it be?", He questioned out loud, tapping his index to his chin as though in deep thought.

"Never have I ever been kissed!" He blurted out. Everyone, including himself, was quickly grabbing their glasses of fire whiskey and taking down a gulp. Everyone apart from myself and Ginny. I thought I had got away with it, they had all been to engrossed in taking their sip and the aftermath of the burning alcohol that I presumed no one noticed. But then I felt eyes on me.

"Celeste!" Hermione slurred, now she was a few drinks in, "Not even your Yule Ball date?"

"Oh god he was awful! One of the boys from Durmstrang and he ended up going off with Pansy Parkinson by the end of the night, so I didn't even get a chance" I muttered, looking down at the table in shame.

"Pansy Parkinson over you?" George laughed, "The boy's got bad taste that's for sure"

Ron smacked him lightly on the arm, he was always funny about the twins flirting with me. George recoiled and held his arm where he'd been hit, before looking over and giving me a wink.

"Fifth year is coming up, I'm sure it'll all change for you" Fred teased, nudging me with his elbow and looking down at me through whiskey hazed eyes. I sighed and nodded, I had been hoping the same too.