Chapter 8

Thank you guys so much for 3k reads!!! Also Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. And whatever else you may celebrate in these times. Enjoy this early chapter!
----------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV-

(Dream)
I had been living in the forest undetected for awhile now. My shoulder healed and I found a new way of life. I took baths and washed my clothes in the river, I created a small farm for my food and I trained with my sword for protection. Everytime I had a sighting of a beast of light, I retreated further into the forest, but the sightings were few and far apart.

I was training with my sword one day, when I heard a noise. I immediately stopped and searched for the sound. There, behind a row of trees. I don't see anyone and I don't know if they saw me, but I need to go. I tuck away my sword and rush back to my makeshift shelter. I take my clothes off the trees where they were drying and shove them in my bag along with taking my blanket off the ground.

I wrap all my food in a t-shirt I've been using and tuck that into my bag as well. I quickly get to my feet and look to the trees once more. This time, I can see his ginger hair with a pair of fox ears from behind the tree. I squeak in fear before I take back out my sword and begin running away from him. I hear him yelling for me and his heavy footsteps as I run, but I run fast thanks to my training.

But none of that matters when you crash into another body. I fall onto the forest floor and can hear the ginger catch up, breathing heavily. I look up and quickly try to scoot away. It's another beast of light, and he does not look friendly.

I awake to the chirping of birds and the sound of rushing water. I thought for a moment I was still in my dream, until I remembered running away. I sat up and thought about my dream. I had ran away here and they've found me so I'll need to go farther. I'll need to go until I leave the other side of the forest. Then I could start a new life there, and maybe just maybe I'll come back here.

I got up, my legs now being able to support me in a light jog, and I set out. I know that my best chance is getting out of the forest as soon as possible. The only issues are that I haven't a clue how long that'd take and what's on the other side of the forest. But my decision is made, I'm not going back now. I set out, taking breaks here and there but heading farther and farther away from my old home.

When nightfall came I relied on the stars and kept moving, I was tired but my need to escape the otherness beats my exhaustion. I kept walking until my legs became numb and the motions became robotic. That is until I see light on the horizon. This gives a burst of energy and I emerge from the forest as fast as I can manage. I emerge from the forest edge to a small town. Not many people were out, but I spotted a man in a striped hat.

He seemingly spotted me too, he ran up to me. ¨Where did you come from? You look exhausted.¨ He was straight to the point, I appreciate that. ¨The DreamSMP I think it was called. And I needed to leave so I traveled through the forest.¨ He looked shocked at that but he seemed resolved. ¨We should talk, I'm Philza but people call me Phil. You can rest in my house if you'd like and we can talk in the morning.¨

I thought about the offer for a moment before I nodded. ¨That'd be great, thanks Phil.¨ He nodded and hooked my arm under his. I had a feeling of walking before I was laid on a couch. I fell asleep from my exhaustion before the blanket was even fully pulled up. Falling into another dream.

The beast of light before me is tall with curly brown hair. He looks at the person behind me before saying, ¨So your plan worked.¨ I don't know what he means, but I'm surrounded by the beasts of light, who knows how many more are in the forest. I hear, ¨Yeah, I'm positive this is the person people have been seeing.¨ come from the person behind me.

The one before me offers his hand to me while I just squeak and back away even more. He looks at me warily before saying ¨My name is Wilbur, this is Fundy. What's your name? How long have you been out here?¨ I look at him warily. Why was a beast trying to talk to me? Weren't they all supposed to kill you?

I back away once more before I hit something, I turn to see what he called Fundy. I let out a scream and hid behind a nearby tree. They were startled by my scream and turned to look at me. ¨You don't think they were out here that long, right?¨ Fundy asked. Wilbur shrugged his shoulders. ¨Only she can tell us that, but it seems like she's scared of us.¨

Wilbur kneeled down to my level. ¨Hey, look at my hands.¨ He said. I hesitantly did what he asked. ¨I have no weapon in them, you have one. You're the one in control here.¨ I nodded, face still apprehensive. He held out one of his hands. ¨So why don't you let us help you.¨ I shifted my sword to my left hand and hesitantly put my hand in his. The lack of claws calmed me as I looked him in the eyes. He smiled at me.

I slowly opened my eyes, not recognizing my surroundings. That is until I see Phil in the kitchen. I get up and walk over to him. He looks over and smiles. ¨You slept for awhile, so I'm making lunch. Once I'm done we can sit and talk. I nod and sit at the table. A few minutes later he sets down 2 plates. He sits down and turns to me.

¨So you say you came from the DreamSMP?¨ He asked. I nodded, my mouth full of chicken. I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours, so I was starving. ¨Why would you leave there? People here are dying to go there. People just disappear from places and we're told that's where they went. Like what happened to my sons. We can't get there because we don't know where it is and noone's ever left before.¨

I swallowed before responding. ¨I was in an accident that caused all these burns you see, but it also made me lose my memory. I wasn't the person they all knew and both didn't want to get their hopes up or pretend I was. I do know everyone there just wakes up somewhere with no memories though.¨ Phil took in this information in stride.

¨So no one there knows where they came from or how they got there?¨ I nodded. ¨I have dreams of memories and from mine I woke up in the woods with no memories. I was told everyone was the same with different locations.¨ He looked sad. ¨So my sons don't remember me? They don't remember each other?¨

I was curious, ¨What are your sons names?¨ I asked. ¨Wilbur, Techno, Tommy and Tubbo. They're all adopted but Wilbur and Techno are twins, Tommy was with me when I found Tubbo in a box, he got attached and they were like brothers so I adopted him as well.¨ I was surprised to say the least.

¨I know them, probably better in the past.¨ He looked at me with a hopeful glimpse in his eyes. ¨We only get news of what happens there, but we can't do anything to stop it. My sons may not remember me but I still need to help them. Will is planning something bad and I have to stop them before more people get hurt.¨

I think about it for a moment. I didn't want to go back so soon but I also didn't want anyone to get hurt. ¨How much time do we have?¨ I asked. He hesitated before responding. ¨A bit over a week. That's when the war will happen. That's when Will would want to press the button.¨ I thought and then nodded. ¨The trip will be about 3-4 days if we take breaks. So we'll leave in 4-5 days from now. In the meantime I need to get ready to face them again, if that's alright.¨

He nodded, looking beyond grateful. ¨That's perfect thank you...¨ ¨(Y/N).¨ I finished for him, finally making the name my own.