Chapter 17

(Y/N)'s POV-

We came upon the house and entered the door just to come to a standstill. Things were knocked on the floor, a glass vase from the corner was broken on the floor and the door was hanging open moving with the breeze. "Phil?" Ghostbur said worriedly, voice cracking slightly. I look to him and say, "Check down here, every nook and cranny, and I'll check upstairs and quickly bandage my shoulder. Get me when you're done or found him. If neither of us find him we search outside." He nods and hurries away while I make it to the stairs.

There's an arrow in the wall that the staircase, seems like a shot from the top of the stairs. I head up and observe the hallway. There's a hole in the wall, seemingly from an axe, and the door to my room was hanging open. I enter the room to see my chair broken on the floor, multiple of the axe holes in the walls and floor. My desk is a mess and things are scattered on the top and the floor, a book is missing. I look to my bed, the covers messed up, and see a strange lump under the covers. I move the sheets to the side to see a mask, one that is similar to Dream's except with a frown. I am unsettled and immediately want to get rid of it, but something is telling me not to. I grow frustrated and shove it in my closet.

As I'm closing the doors Ghostbur enters the room. "He definitely isn't in the house, he seems to have been attacked in this room. Then chased downstairs and outside." Ghostbur frowns. "Are you ok to search outside? Your shoulder and your breakdown-" I cut him off. "My shoulder is fine for now, the arrow is gone. This is our father Ghostbur, we need to find him." He nods, still wary. "Alright." We head downstairs, analyzing the scene as we follow his trail. He was attacked in my room with an axe and was chased down the stairs and outside with an axe and either a bow or crossbow.

We head outside and find nothing more then more arrows in the ground. There's a few in the water so I assumed he sailed away. Hopefully he comes back, because we can't track him past here without a mass search. We turn around and I lean on Ghostbur. I don't want to stay in that house without Philza. I didn't know what I was going to do, until we reached the back door. I look up and see a man with a hoodie and mask. Dream. "I saw the house, we're looking for him now. But I thought you could stay with me until we find him or he comes back on his own." I looked at him and nod, I didn't have a plan so this is the best course of action.

He nods and motions to the house. "Get what you need from the house, I'll wait out front. Ghostbur, Tubbo wanted you to meet the new guy." Ghostbur nods and says his goodbyes. Dream pats me on the back and says, "I'll make sure he comes back, I'll personally see to it." I smiled at him and felt like he smiled back. I headed upstairs and packed my bags with clothes and supplies like armour, potions and weapons. At the last minute I decided to take the mask I put in the closet too, it felt wrong to leave it.

I head downstairs and meet with Dream. He takes one of my bags and ruffles my hair. "We're going to do great things together." I don't know what he means by that, but I have no bad memories of him so I just nod. I follow him into the community house where he settles me into a bedroom, he apparently stays here for some reason. I lay down on my bed where he sits and he messes with my hair. "Welcome home, Nightmare." And like that I just fall asleep.

My dream this time is different. It's no memory, it's no normal dream either. I see a memory of me and Phil fade away, the one of fighting a wither. I see memories, the ones from my dreams fade as well. One after the other, images I recognize and ones I don't slowly but surely fade away. Until only one is left. "Welcome home, Nightmare." is all it says. Over and over and over and over. "Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare." All until I'm in a cage in my own mind. The person standing in front of me, it's like looking into a mirror, they copy my movements but we look different. She is wearing a black cloak over a red hoodie. She has fingerless gloves and I see them reach for her frowning mask as I reach for my own. Her, I, take off the mask and only see a wide smile and bright red eyes underneath.

I wake to Dream over me. I smile as he says, "Hello Nightmare. My precious sister. Welcome home." I get up and put on my mask and cloak, making sure they're both secure and look towards my brother. "Don't we have a spare piece of the puzzle to take care of." He smiles and grabs his mask, covering the bright red eyes that we both share. "That we do Nightmare. That we do." He took my hand and we headed out the door together, already knowing exactly where to go. Seems like the spare piece broke something he wasn't supposed to.