Chapter 18

̸̨̧̨͚͖̱͚͎̥̗̫͇̽̃̋̌́̉̑̍̀̚͜͜͝Y̷̱͉̥̖̟̪̙̯̞͚̓̑̄̄́͗̀̎̉͛͝/̶̡̳̟̺̮̬͔̟̽̎̔̈́͝͝Ṇ̸̨̛͚̳͇̺̼̮̙̦̘̫̯͉͊̓̂̄̌͋̕ͅ)̷̥͕̪̟͎̼̜̲̃̌͑͛͆̓͝ ̸̡̹̻̤̖̯̰͎̙̥̫̟̭̉͆͌̔̾̐̅̐̂̆̃͝Ȩ̶̨̻̬̞͉̠̰͕͐͌͗R̸̨̨̡̰̳͖͈̮̦̊R̷͙̤̿̑̾͋͒́̈́̐͂̾͐̇̚ͅO̸̪̦̬̝̼̬͍̼̖͎̭̞̿̆̈́̾̽̆͛̆̈́̌̚͠R̸̘̪̆͋̐̿͜͠-̴̧̢̛̛͈͇̞͇̯̘̹̥̜͖̗͔̓̿̏̏͆͋̓̓̉̚̚͜-̷̲̰̘̱̣̫͓̙̯̣̜̙̲̌̇́̌̕-̸̨̧̪̣͕̮͚̫̥̯̱͔̀͌̀͑̑̈̔̀̽̕͝-̶̙̔̍̈̋̿͋̓̏̓͊̍̕-̶̡̛̛̦͉̯͕̮̯̀͌͛̐̈́͋̆̓̚̚-̶̰̮̼̪̪̙͎̙̘̻͈͓̯̲̮͒͂̈́̐̉͠-̵̨̧̡̟̤͉̭̤̰̺͍͇͑̈́̆̌̂̔̃͝
̸̢̧͚̝͇̠̺͈̣̠̰̋̽̆̀́̎̍̅͒͌̎͘R̸̛̫͕̍͋̉́̉̿̚̕ḙ̶̌͊̑̀b̵̧̰̲̼̥̯̲̮̋ơ̵̧̧̼̖̘̖̏̈́̂̓̅̄̑̈͘ͅo̸̩̝̗͔̺̥͇͚̮̠̖̼͗̓̐̽̈̐̊͑̒̾͘̚͜͜͜͝t̸̥̟̩̹̋̈́̒͒̏̄̅́͗͆̚ị̴̡̡̛͚͔̲͖͉̩͍͕̩͖͎̦̓̌̑͐̅͛n̷̛̮͆̌̆̓̊̇̿̈́͊̚g̸̢̛̭͎̮͔̾̽̀̔̚ ̴̛̛̙͙̅͒͑͊̐͜͠͝S̵̻̤̭̺̊̓̏̍y̶͙̜̮̪̻͛͜͝ͅs̸̟̰̳̓̓̇̀͗̋͆͑̎͂͘t̶̘̰͛̀̈͂̒̈̅̓̀̆͛͘͝͠e̷̥̫̗̳͈̍̊̆̃̚͜͜͝m̴̡͓̟͇̦̠̤̻̦̔̈́̊̚.̷̢͍̻͚̣̥̣̤͉͕̪̓͒.̷̗̫͓͇̼̱̐̃̈͐̿͊̽̌̔̏̇̀̐.̷͖͇͚͇͇̬͉̟̿̏̍̌̚͜͠

Nightmare's POV-

As we walk through the cold tundra I pull my cloak closer to my body, not being used to the cold. Dream notices and pulls me to him. "Just until we reach the house." He says. I nod and smile at him, hoping that he's also smiling under that mask of his. I snuggle up to him, glad to do things as a family again. It has been a while because of all of his duties and responsibilities for his nation.

We come across a cabin made of stone and wood and Dream lets go. We stand tall, weapons drawn, his being his axe and mine being a crossbow. We both have both weapons but these are our mains. We walk up to the house and knock on the door, no answer. I try the door to find it locked, but in one foul swoop Dream breaks the lock. I open the door and we step in to see a tired looking Technoblade and Philza. Technoblade has obvious bandages around his neck, right where we have the chip put, confirming the signal we got. Dream step forward and I know we're not playing innocent.

"You guys know what's going on here. I told you while hunting you down and you told Techno." Philza stood up and looked at us both in turn. "That seems like your own fault, you couldn't wait until I was asleep to take me out of this game you play. But you hesitate taking (Y/N) out of the game, and I wonder why that is." Dream gave a laugh. "You're dead wrong old man, she's out of play as we speak." Their eyes widened and they noticed me in the room finally. We're strangers to each other, but a sense of deja vu was in the room.

Dream looked at them once more. "Your actions have made this game more fun, more challenging on both sides. You can keep your broken chip Techno, out of respect for you.And Philza, you may come and go through L'manberg as you please, but (Y/N) is no longer there." With that he turned to go through the door again and I was going to follow, but I was hesitant to leave. I felt attached to these stray pieces in our game of chess. Dream looked at me again and I rushed to his side. Where we walked out together, hand in hand. Mine just barely showing the burns on my fingers.

I feel eyes on the back of my head as we leave, making me slightly uncomfortable. Dream notices I'm uncomfortable with their gazes and glares back at them until I can no longer feel their eyes on my back. I smiled at him, grateful, as he put his arm back around me as we made our way back to the SMP.

We get home and as he sets off for a meeting I get permission to spy on the people of L'manberg. We hug and say our goodbyes as we head our separate ways. I head off towards Tommy's house, knowing we need to keep a closer eye on him than anyone else. I hide in the trees as I spot Tommy and Ranboo, the new guy to the SMP. He wasn't supposed to be here, but we won't unchip him, he already has memory problems before the chip and it would do more harm than good. So for now this is his home.

They start heading away and I follow, keeping my cover the whole way, and they come upon George's house. I watch as they go inside and start moving things around and even start a fire. They eventually put out the fire, but not before it already caused substantial damage. I feel a smile creep onto my face as they leave talking about the perfect crime. I wait for them to be out of range before I quickly head to Dream's meeting place, knowing he'll want to hear the news as soon as possible, also wanting to tell George because he's like a brother to me. It won't help their case that George is currently the king of the SMP.

I open the door as they stop their conversation. I walk up to Dream as he looks towards me. "This better be groundbreaking since you invaded my meeting." I look up at him and say. "Trust me, it's more than groundbreaking, it's just what we were waiting for." Sapnap looks at me cautiously and says, "(Y/N)?" I ignore him as Dream says, "Ok Nightmare. Spill it." I nod and look towards everyone, just the Dream team. "Tommy along with Ranboo just messed with your house George. As in the items inside are moved along with fire damage. He's the vice president of L'manberg so we can go for Tommy. We can do the plan." I direct the last part at Dream. He ruffled my hair under my hair under my hood and I could tell I did a good job.

"What about Ranboo?" Sapnap asked. My brain blanked for a second before I answered. "We're trying to target Tommy. If he brings him into it then he's involved. If not we leave him be." They all don't seem thrilled with this plan, but Dream gave me full authority over the situation anyways. I knew our end goal and I saw the situation. "Dream, how much obsidian do you have?" He pulled me into his side and said, "Oh sister how we think alike, at least a double chest."

With that done we prepare for tomorrow. I go back home and settle into my bed, mask on my bedside. I fall into the darkness and see I'm standing in a room. I look around and see a girl. She's chained to the ground with her head down. I walk to her and see her look up at me, we look so similar we could be twins. I sit down with her, feeling a connection even deeper than the one with my brother. I don't know what to say to her until it comes out of my mouth. "What should I do?"

She smiles at me, though it looks painful. "Be there for them, not just for the Dream team, but for L'manberg and Techno. They aren't your enemies as much as you were made to believe they are." I look at her sadly. "What about you?" I ask. She laughs. "He won't let me come back anytime soon. You're there now and he finally has a piece of control that he so desires." I shook my head and kneeled down and tried to tug the chains with all of my might. Nothing.

She shook her head, tears in her eyes. "I'm stuck here for as long as he has control." I don't want to believe it. I feel so close to this person that it hurts even though I don't even know them. "If you're stuck here, then I'll continue to visit." She smiles at me and says, "You're doing more than you could ever know. When you aren't asleep I can see through your eyes, I can see my friends again, I remember them now. No matter my allegiance, everyone was my friend. During the era of Pogtopia I was a spy for Pogtopia in JSchlatt's administration. But I still was friends with everyone there, even with the Dream SMP. But I was too smart, it was my fatal flaw that led me here."

She looked at me. "I have 1 request." I nodded. "I know you're close with Dream, but do not fully trust him, especially considering me. You're your own person. My suggestion is to talk to Technoblade when you have an excuse to. Show him your face and tell him your name. Say you spoke to (Y/N), tell him I'm gone for now and destroying the chip will keep it that way." I nodded and pulled her into a hug. "I promise. I'll see you tomorrow night?" She nods as my body starts to fade. "Pick your allies carefully." I nod as my vision goes black.