Chapter 19

Nightmare's POV-

I woke up in my bedroom completely alone this time. Dream should already be in L'Manberg building the wall to keep them in. Payback is what we're calling it, but we need something to happen. I only need to come when given a signal from Dream to give a witness statement, keeping out Ranboo unless he's dragged into it, he's not our main objective. But I remember what (Y/N) said last night. I need to see Techno, but also Dream will need me here. I message him "I'm seeing if Phil left Techno's house yet because we can't track them." He messages back a thumbs up and I head out, an extra sweater now to be prepared for the cold.

I retrace the step we took yesterday and come upon the house once more. I knock and the door is answered by Philza. "I know you work for Dream. I'm coming back to L'Manberg in the next week. Tell that to your boss." I shake my head. "He's my brother, not my boss. I'm here to see Techno." He furrowed his eyebrows and motions me inside. Techno stood up from his place on the couch. "What are you here for." He demanded. I picked at my fingernails, trying to remember her instructions. He looks impatient as I run my hands behind my head and undo the straps of my mask.

I remove it and my red eyes look between both Techno and Phil's shocked expressions. "(Y/N)? What did he do to you?" Phil asked, concern written on his face. He took a step forward and I scooted back. "I'm not (Y/N), though I have spoken with her. My name is Nightmare, Dream's sister. She told me to find Techno, and to also say she's gone for now and destroying the chip will keep it that way." Techno racked his hand through his hair.

"We knew they could get rid of memories, why not create them to make a whole new person?" He looked distressed and Phil wasn't any better. I cleared my throat. "Me and the Dream SMP are in the middle of something with L'Manberg right now. So meetings will be difficult, but I'll find ways. (Y/N) is trapped with very heavy chains last I saw. I couldn't get her out myself, but maybe eventually with a little help we could get her back."

They looked happy that they could eventually have their friend back, with her memories finally in tack. But what I didn't tell them was that I would disappear. Which I'm not real, not really, just a personality put into an empty shell whose owner is trapped inside. I shouldn't be scared not to exist anymore, I never really did in the first place, but I am. I don't want to leave my brother or his friends who I remember growing up and starting a nation with. A nation based on an experiment. No matter if I know those memories are fake they seem real to me, I seem real to me. But to everyone else I'm just (Y/N) covered up, not an actual person. Just someone to get rid of (Y/N). And as much as I want to be selfish and keep (Y/N) under lock and key, I feel myself needing to free her. So I will, though it will be the last thing I do.