14.

Ara's POV

(Authornim: ^^ oh?)

Today is Wednesday which means one thing. I can finally switch my class. Ever since that day I embarrassed myself in class, I have been teased by my other classmates. It used to only be every once in a while, but now it happens all the time. It got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore and asked the principal to switch classes. He was kind enough to agree to it.

I am currently standing in front of the classroom, waiting for the classroom to quiet down. While I wait I notice that Soobin's other friends are in this classroom. Great.

"Alright class, today we have a new student. She just transferred from another class. I hope you treat her well. Go ahead, introduce yourself," she states and gestures towards the front of the room.

"Hi, my name is Go Ara. I hope to make friends in this class. Thank you," I announce.

The teacher smiles and points towards the back of the room. 

"You see the boy sitting by himself with black hair? You can sit in the empty seat next to him," she smiles.

I smile back at her and head towards the back of the class and sit down. The aforementioned boy looks at me when I sit down

"Do you know Soobin?" he asks and I frown slightly at the mention of his name.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I question.

"Oh, I don't think Soobin likes you," he states and turns away.

My frown deepens as I continue to look at the boy next to me. I breathed...The pink-haired boy in front of me turns around and looks at me.

"Ignore Kai, he is overprotective of his friend. My name is Choi Yeonjun," he explains and introduces himself.

I smile at his kindness. That makes one nice person. 

"Well, I'm sure you already know my name. It is very nice to meet you Yeonjun," I grin.

I turn back to the passive-aggressive boy sitting next to me.

"Since we have to be partners, I might as well get your number," I state.

Kai groans and holds out his hand. I sigh and pull out my phone. He puts in his phone number and gives me back my phone. I put my phone in my pocket and ignore the grumbling child. 

The rest of the day passes by in much of the same manner, Kai acting like he wants to kill me while I ignore him. I walk the short path home by myself, looking around as I do.

I live in the poorer part of town. My parents lost their jobs about a year ago and money has been pretty tight. We moved here at the beginning of the school year so we could have a fresh start. My parents happened to find a job working for Soobin's parents which is why Soobin and I are in the position we are in now. I hate to say that I'm marrying him just for the money, but I mostly am. 

I must admit, I used to have a crush on him. I've been slowly getting over it since he blatantly told me he didn't like me. It broke my heart having to hear him say that, but I can't change his mind.

I decide to text Kai that I got home safe, even though I know he won't care.

me: kai

rudebitch: Thank you for your interest in our community! 

rudebitch: We are a team of people dedicated to the well-being of all Nomia! 

me: kai?

I am very confused at this point. I can't tell if Kai is trying to play a prank on me or I have a seriously wrong number.

rudebitch: Your password input is correct!

rudebitch: Welcome to Kill All Intruders!

rudebitch: We are adding you to the group chat now.

I feel my blood grow cold as I read the messages sent to me. First, that idiot sitting next to me gave me the wrong number. Second, these might be the very people in charge of the murders at our school. Going against my better judgment, I decide to continue talking to whoever this is and investigate.

notrudebitch: Greetings newcomer!

me: hello

unknown: In this meeting space we do not have names

unknown: only numbers

stantalent: my number is 17

unknown: your number will be 31

me: ok, what's your number?

26: 26

18: 18

39: 39

As they introduce themselves, I change their names. The leader's name is 17 which I just had to put as something else.

stantalent: There are many others and they will introduce in time KAI will take over one day!

stantalent: Leaving Nomia on top once again

I feel uncomfortable with this leader guy's hate for Magia and need for control. I decide to tell the guy I'm busy then deal with him tomorrow. For now, I'm just going to do my homework and wait for my parents to come home.

The next day arrives quickly as I walk into my class. I wave to Yeonjun as I sit down next to Kai.

"You gave me the wrong number yesterday," I say as I look at Kai.

"Of course, why would I give you my number," he sasses.

I feel hurt at what he says, but choose not to show it.

"Well, the number you gave me turns out to be fo-"

"Tell it to someone who cares," Kai interrupts and turns away. 

I frown at the boy next to me. Who shoved a metal pole shoved up his ass. I tap on the shoulder of the boy in front of me.

"Yeonjun, I heard that you are trying to figure out who killed those students," I start as the boy turns around.

"Yeah, why?" the pink-haired boys asks

"Well, I might have a lead on who is doing it," I respond.

"Thats great!" he grins, "want to talk during lunch?"

"Sounds good," I smile.

"Ok, can I have your number so we can chat?" he asks.

I nod and pull out my phone. We exchange numbers and this time I confirm it's the right one first. He invites me to his table at lunch and turns around as the teacher arrives. I spend the rest of the period wondering to myself why Yeonjun is being so kind to me.

thanks for reading!

I hope you enjoyed reading from ara's pov

have a nice day 😁🤩