13.

Beomgyu and Yeonjun are the first to arrive at Kai's house. Kai opens the door and lets him in happily. Yeonjun heads off to the bathroom while Beomgyu embraces the taller in a hug upon seeing him.

"I missed you Kai!" he squeals while holding him tightly.

"I missed you too cutie," Kai giggles.

Upon hearing Kai's favorite nickname for him, he lets go of Kai while trying, and failing, to hide a blush.

"Gosh, you're so cute~" Kai lovingly says while holding Beomgyu's cheeks.

"S-stop, the boys w-will be here soon," Beomgyu says with reddening cheeks.

Beomgyu walks into the next room to put down his bag. He is surprised to see Taehyun sitting there. He frowns and walks over to Taehyun.

"Taehyun? What are you doing here? Aren't you sick?" he asks while he examines me.

Taehyun smiles He shakes his head and motions for Beomgyu to stop asking so many questions.

"I felt bad this morning so I decided to stay home. I feel much better now though so I came over early,"

"Oh, so you were alone with Kai," Beomgyu states, a frown now prominent on his face.

"Yeah, we just hung out for a bit," Taehyun states, not noticing Beomgyu's unhappiness.

"Okay, by the way, your lips a bit red," Beomgyu adds before walking with a huff.

Taehyun blushes in embarrassment at the fact that Beomgyu noticed. Meanwhile, Beomgyu had stomped off to the kitchen.

Beomgyu's POV

I shouldn't be upset...my brain keeps repeating as I pace in circles. I'm not stupid. I know what they were doing. I know I am jealous. I hate it too. My parents would probably hate me if I told them I was planning on dating someone who may or may not be magical. I thought Kai and I were close. I guess we aren't close enough. I feel myself grow angry again as I think of Taehyun kissing Kai.

I grab the bag that I keep in my pocket and open it. Inside the bag, there are a bunch of small items. I grab one from the bag and close the bag. Using a little magic, the item grows a bit in my hand. The item is a small doll holding a few pins. Yes, it's a voodoo doll. I mumble a short Latin phrase and the doll slowly shifts in front of me. The doll's hair shortens and turns a light blonde color. I smirk as I take one of the pins and slightly poke at the Taehyun replica's stomach. Upon not hearing anything, I poke at the doll again. I hear an ouch from the other room and move to put my stuff away.

"You okay Taehyun?" Yeonjun asks from close behind me.

He had exited the bathroom and was walking towards me. I panic and press a small button on my ring. Yeonjun stops walking as time stops for a minute. I take that time to quickly put my stuff away. When time starts again, I smile as Yeonjun continues walking like nothing ever happened. That was close.

Narrator's POV

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just got a cramp in my stomach all of a sudden," Taehyun explains from the other room.

Yeonjun hums and finishes grabbing his glass of water.

Soobin arrives a few moments later. He too just flings his bag down and sits, not surprised by Taehyuns presence.

The five boys start out by chatting, catching up on the week's activities. It slowly transitions to talk of Hyungsik. When this happens, Taehyun decides to speak up about what happened that day.

"So, I've had this weighing me down for the last couple of days. I really need to tell you, but I want you to promise to hear me out," Taehyun states while fiddling with his fingers.

The boys look at each other before nodding.

Taehyun takes this as a good sign and explains what happened that day. The boys listen in shock as they hear about the man who bullies their friend. They listen to how Hyungsik reacted. They also listen when Taehyun talks about his status as a Dove. 

When he finishes, there is silence. The boys are sitting, thinking, and processing what Taehyun had just told him. Yeonjun is the first to speak up and break the silence.

"So...do you think your dad has something to do with the murders?" Yeonjun asks.

"I'm not sure. Yesterday when we were eating dinner, he told me that he was mad at the Doves for making the murders look like it's the Ravens' fault," Taehyun states.

"It sounds like he doesn't know either then," Soobin states.

"I guess we're back to square one," Kai sighs.

The boys sit in silence again. 

"Well, since we still don't know what's going on, let's just have a fun day like we used to. Let's watch a movie," Soobin suggests. 

The boys smile and scoot closer together. Yeonjun and Soobin sit next to each other again while the other three boys sit on the floor again.  Unlike last time, Beomgyu tries to sit far away from Kai, choosing to distance himself from the couple. 

Kai tries to sit between the two boys but notices Beomgyu shuffling further and further away. Kai gives Beomgyu a look which Beomgyu chooses to ignore.

Kai takes that to mean Beomgyu wants some space and thinks that he should not pressure the boy. The movie starts and Kai can't help but notice how down Beomgyu looks. Beomgyu isn't watching the movie like the others and instead is looking down in his lap, seemingly deep in thought. 

Beomgyu then looks up slowly and glances in Kai's direction. Kai makes eye contact with Beomgyu who is trying to look anywhere else. The brief eye contact seems to make Beomgyu upset. Kai looks away again. He doesn't want to pry, but he can't help but feel upset by Beomgyu's bad mood. He decides again to leave him alone and instead focuses on the movie playing in front of him.

Thank you to my loyal readers for staying despite my short break <3

I was busy with holidays and birthdays, but I am back again 😗

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed it! 💛💚💙

I might update again today...