Chapter Seven

Hey guys. There might be a picture of Scarlett on the next chapter.

Also, my friend Lilo_Banidcoot needs more reads and comments and fans ans votes and the usual stuff. Her story is amazing. It's called My Love Burns Bright. READ IT!!!!!!!!!!

Song of the day: Punk Rock 101 by Bowling for Soup. I <3 Bowling for soup :) xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Scarlett" Peeta shrieked, yanking her headphones out of her ears. She had with her a black rucksack which she threw off onto the couch. "Your house is nice. Where's your room?" I walked up the stairs and she followed silently. I knew she wanted to ask, but I wasn't going to bring it up. I wasn't planning to sleep anyway so there would be lots of time to talk later. I opened my door and she walked in, flopping on my bed. I could see her examinig my room, with the old wardrobe, and dressing table, and the pale white walls, which contrasted with the black carpet and curtains. There were no pictures of me, just a few of my parents before I disappeared. They looked so young and happy. They had aged so much in 5 years.

"So whats the plan for tonight then?" she asked grinning at me.

"Umm I don't know... I haven't been to a sleepover for years." I admitted, shrugging. Well it depends on what you call a sleepover. If it's staying over at someone elses place and sleeping there, then hey I was at a 5 year long sleepover. I scoffed quietly and saw Peeta looking at me. "What?" I said, self-concious.

"Nothing.." she said quietly, shaking her head and looking at the floor.

"Ask if you want" I said quietly, and pulled off my hoodie. I saw her bite her lip as she saw my arms and she came over, just looking.

"What..." she trailed off.

"Might as well tell you now. You don't need nightmares" I said sarcastically, and her eyes widened.

"Oh god." she whispered.

"What?"

"Nightmares. I mean if you think I'll get nightmares it must be bad." she paused for a second. "Look tell me later. I'm not planning on sleeping so... yeah." she finished, and we stood there in an awkward silence.

"So... do you wanna see what films we have?" I said. Her face brightened.

"Yeh. You better have some decent horror films." she left the room and I smirked at the empty space. Horror. As if you could call them that. I walked out to find her at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me. "So where are the films then?" she asked.

"In here" I walked into the living room and opened a cupboard. It was filled with films, from old disney ones that I used to love, and my parents horror films which never got watched anymore. I watched them occasionaly, but my parents didn't really watch tv. I stood there, staring at the wall while Peeta chose films. I didn't care what we watched.

"I've chosen" Peeta said, with a big stack of dvds. I walked through to my room after taking some of the films. She slipped one in, and The Lost Boys came on screen. We sat there, talking and watching the film. I smirked at the vampires. Hey, at least they didn't sparkle. After that she put The Shining in, and then Shutter Island. At some bits of the films she would scream, or hide behind her sleeping bag. I sat there, smirking at the 'horror'. It didn't scare me. After a few more films, it was 3:00 am. I was struggling to stay awake. I went downstairs and got myself some coke, desperate for the caffeine. I felt the buzz come and took the bottle up to my room.

"Where'd you go?" Peeta asked. I swear that girl had endless energy. She probably slept like a normal person. Lucky her. I waved the bottle slightly and she nodded turning her attention back to the film. My parents had come in at about 10:00 pm, and I'd gone down to meet them. They asked me how it was going and... well it was a very awkward conversation. I came back to Earth to see Peeta fiddling with the tv.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, yawning.

"Trying to turn this thing off. It's nice by the way."

"Thanks" I smiled at her, looking at the clock on the wall. It was now 4:00. Only 6 more hours until I had to meet Alex. I was going to be a dead woman walking by then. There was no way I would be able to think tomorrow, or rather today.

"Aha!" she had finally managed to turn off the tv. I rolled my eyes and she sat down next to me. "Ok so I've been wanting to ask you this all evening." Oh god. Here it comes. "What is going on with you and Alex?" I blinked. I hadn't been expecting that.

"I don't know..." I said quietly.

"Well do you like him?" she said, cocking her head to the side.

"Umm..." I said, wondering what to say.

"Aha! You do like him!" she said loudly. My cheeks burned red as I told her to quiet. "Sorry but it's so obvious." I looked up in alarm. Was I really that easy to read? "I mean Alex is like the only one who doesn't see it. He likes you too." she said, burbling on.

"He does?" I whispered, feeling sick.

"Yep. That means you two could go out." I closed my eyes, not wanting to hear it. We could never be together. It didn't matter if he liked me and I liked him. If I couldn't trust, then any relationship involving me would end in disaster and hurt. For both sides. A tear rolled down my cheek, and I stood up and turned on the tv. I flicked onto the music channels and put Kerrang on. A My Chemical Romance song came on and I sat there watching the music video, mouthing the words. I heard Peeta singing softly and smiled a bit. I had finally shut her up. I took another drink of coke, and returned my attention to the screen. I didn't want to think. I would save that for later. When I was with Alex.

"Hey Peeta. Did Alex tell you he liked me?" I said suddenly.

"No. It's just obvious." she said shrugging. I smirked a little. Maybe today wouldn't be so awkward after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok then. You know what to do. Need a reminder?

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

:P